Is Tilapia good for you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Tilapia good for you?

I know that some fish are better for you than others, but I'm really confused about Tilapia. I do like this fish, but some people say it is good for your and others say it's just as bad or worse than eating a fast food burger or bacon! Does anyone know the truth about Tilapia? Is it nutritious? I really do enjoy and it would rather not give it up if I don't have to, but at the same time I don't want to be eating a fish that is as bad for you as bacon. Eeek. Help!

I don't know if I'd go as far as to say Tilapia is as bad for you as bacon, but it certainly isn't one of the better fish you can eat. If you like the taste of it, enjoy it as a treat. However, if you have the choice of other fish options, like salmon, rainbow trout, I would pick that instead.

Comment

I don't think it's terrible for you, but like JennyR said, there are better fish out there that you can eat.

Comment

This isn’t a bad fish. Some people claim that it is worse for you than a burger, but that’s ridiculous. I would agree that it’s not the best fish out there, but I wouldn’t go as far as to say that eating it is bad for your health.

Comment

Hmmmm...so based on all your responses it sounds like it's not the greatest fish in the world but it's not as bad as eating a burger LOL. I think I'll eat it when I'm looking for an alternative to meat or I want to treat myself, but I'll opt for better fish if I'm aiming to be a health nut.

Comment

Working...
          X