Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are there any healthy christmas cookies?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are there any healthy christmas cookies?

I'm thinking there's probably not a healthy cookie out there. If there is though, I'd love to know about it. Know of any?

Probably not. Any christmas cookie has sugar in it, which would offset any benefits from other ingredients. I guess you could look for ones with the lowest sugar amount?

Comment

No. Cookies are treats. Just see them that way instead of fighting it or trying to look for health in them. There's nothing wrong with a treat when you're mainly eating healthy overall. Enjoy!

Comment

Originally posted by enviroTodd View Post
        No. Cookies are treats. Just see them that way instead of fighting it or trying to look for health in them. There's nothing wrong with a treat when you're mainly eating healthy overall. Enjoy!
        Respectfully, I disagree. I make chocolate snowballs every year with next to no sugar, but they contain pure cocoa, some coconut oil, shredded unsweetened coconut, and some chopped nuts. I add the smallest amount of honey or maple syrup (whatever's on sale), just to cut any bitterness. The amount is tiny though. They taste rich and incredible and essentially completely healthy

Comment

Originally posted by KraftMan View Post

Respectfully, I disagree. I make chocolate snowballs every year with next to no sugar, but they contain pure cocoa, some coconut oil, shredded unsweetened coconut, and some chopped nuts. I add the smallest amount of honey or maple syrup (whatever's on sale), just to cut any bitterness. The amount is tiny though. They taste rich and incredible and essentially completely healthy
          Would you be willing to share the recipe? Sounds good.

Comment

Working...
          X