Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What foods are the best sources for antioxidants?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That is a very good idea about saving the seeds envirotodd. I didnt even know u could do that! So u can actually plant 1 of the seeds produced by the vegetables & it will grow? Thats fascinating. Lol! Babybutton beans. Have u named ur own varieties?

Comment

It will. Save the seeds carefully from one of the best looking vegetables. That way you're continuing the line of the best one. Don't just save one. Try to save a number of them in case some of them don't germinate. Carefully clean them and dry them and then keep them in a paper envelope in a cool and dry place over the winter until you can plant them again.

That way, you'll never have to buy seeds again. Some plants can even be brought in during the winter. I try not to do that. I have inside plants and outside plants. While I will bring inside plants out, I won't bring outside plants in. The reason is that I don't want to bring insects, molds, fungi, and other problems into my house from outside. They can be bad to inhale but they can also spread to all of the other indoor plants.

I find that when I maintain my own seeds and plants, I feel more pride in them and i take greater care with them than I would if I just bought them from the store every year. This also helps me know for absolute certain that my food is completely organic and that nothing was sprayed onto them while they were in the greenhouse before being shipped to the store. Because I bought heirloom varieties in the first place, I also know that I don't have any genetically modified (GMO) plants in my garden. These are all very important considerations.

Comment

I made the mistake of brining an outside plant inside & it was baaad. I wont ever do that again. I really hate spidermites. They r the worst! Thanks 4 all the great advice. Im looking forward 2 growing my own varieties form seeds

Comment

Working...
        X