Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are the healthiest herbs and vegetables to grow in your garden?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are the healthiest herbs and vegetables to grow in your garden?

I'm thinking of building a vegetable garden in my backyard this summer. Can anyone suggest some good vegetables or herbs that are relatively easy to grow/manage and that are great for health or weight loss?

I grow tomatoes, zucchini, eggplant, peppers, cucumbers and beans. I find each of them really easy to grow. Essentially, all they need is to be watered and have access to a lot of sunlight. As for herbs, I grow parsley, basil, mint, and rosemary. Personally I think any vegetable or fruit you can grow at home is good for your health. As for weight loss, eating fresh food is always better for you than eating stuff that is processed.

Comment

In addition to what JokerzWild mentioned, other easy things to grow include lettuce, radishes, snow peas, and chives.

Comment

Is growing a garden really that easy? What if you life in an apartment and you've got a balcony? Is it still possible?

Comment

Thanks for the suggestions.

Charlotte - I'm pretty sure you can have a garden on your balcony. Some herbs and plants do well in pots. Depending on the size of your balcony you might be able put put a wooden box on your balcony and fill it with earth. I've seen some people do this. I don't know what the boxes are called though or why they may be better than pots. However, it might be worth investigating. Also, does your balcony have a lot of sunlight? Sun is really important if you want the best outcome for your vegetables.

Comment

Thanks for the tips Tony1968. My balacony does receive some sun, which is why I thought it might not be such a bad idea to grow a garden. I'll have to look into those wooden boxes you suggested. I'd rather plant my garden in one container instead of having everything in its own pot.

Comment

Working...
            X