Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it better to eat more vegetables or more fruits?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it better to eat more vegetables or more fruits?

I know it is recommended that the average person consumes 3 to 5 servings of fruits and vegetables a day. What I'm wondering is what if you like vegetables more than fruits or vice versa, or if it is easier to obtain one type of food over the other. Are vegetables better for you than fruits or are they about par on the nutrition scale? I would think vegetables would be better for you because they have less sugar. If I have to sacrifice one over the other sometimes, which one is better to not eat?

Good question. I have no idea, but I'd guess if you had to give up one of them I'd pick vegetables over fruit.

Comment

Personally I don't think one should be substituted for the other. It is important that you eat a balance of both, as well as a variety of both. This may not always be possible, but whenever it is, you should make it a priority to make your diet diverse. Also, keep in mind that dark leafy greens and orange vegetables and fruits are exceptionally good for you. Research the different fruits and vegetables you like and find out the benefits they provide. This will help you understand why you can't simply sub one for the other.

Comment

Why would you pick vegetables over fruit, TroyBurger?

MeSarah - I guess it will be worth it to do some research. I do know it's important to eat both, I just want to know if it really matter if on occasion you only eat one over the other or on a regular basis, more of one than the other.

Comment

Working...
        X