Vitamin C

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vitamin C

What foods are a good source of vitamin C. I don't like drinking pre-made fruit juice because it's full of sugar. Aside from Oranges and other citrus fruits, what is high in vitamin C.

Some foods high in vitamin C are yellow, green and red bell peppers, Kale and other dark leafy greens, green kiwi, strawberries, broccoli, peas, tomatoes, and papaya. There are others too, but those are the ones I can think of off of the top of my head.

Comment

Citrus fruits and dark leafy greens are the best sources of vitamin C. Just remember that the fresher these foods are the more benefits you get from them. Nutrients in foods lower over time until eventually they really provide you no benefit at all. This is one of the reasons why it is best to grow your own fruits and vegetables whenever you can. Also, if you are not sure you are getting enough Vitamin C, you can always consider taking a supplement, but I'd recommend speaking to your doctor first before doing that.

Comment

Originally posted by TroyBurger View Post
        Some foods high in vitamin C are yellow, green and red bell peppers, Kale and other dark leafy greens, green kiwi, strawberries, broccoli, peas, tomatoes, and papaya. There are others too, but those are the ones I can think of off of the top of my head.

Wow, I had no idea that Vitamin C was in so many different foods. I thought it was just in fruit. Just goes to show what I know LOL

Comment

Originally posted by TroyBurger View Post

Other sources include mangos, lychee, asparagus, cabbage, califlower, and sweet potato and potatos with skin. You should also know that the amount of vitamin C you get from food sources may vary depending on whether or not the item is cooked. For instance, cooked broccoli gives you a bit more vitamin C than if you were to eat it raw.

Comment

Working...
          X