Healthy instant meals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Healthy instant meals

I know the odds of this being real are slim but I’m going to ask anyway. Are there any packaged or frozen instant meals out there that are healthy, low sodium, low fat, low sugar?

I've never seen any. Frozen veggies?

Comment

Frozen fruit and frozen vegetables are the most nutritious. There really aren't any frozen instant meals out there that are good for you because they are loaded with the salt and sugar to provide the food with flavour. If you want to eat a frozen instant meal every once in a while, think of it as a treat and compare the back of the boxes. Try to go for the one with the lowest sodium and sugar that you can find. That said, preparing your own food is always the helathiest route. If you want frozen instant meals, I recommend making your own meals and freezing them. That way you can have a health instant meal when you want it!

Comment

No. pre-packaged frozen foods are never a healthy option. If you are going to eat them, do so in moderation and as a treat.

Comment

Originally posted by Janet View Post
          No. pre-packaged frozen foods are never a healthy option. If you are going to eat them, do so in moderation and as a treat.
          Couldn't agree more. If you want a healthy diet friendly meal then you're going to have to make it yourself. If you want to be able to take it out of the freezer and heat it up, just make it yourself and store it!

Comment

I agree with Janet and PamelaPoison. I wish there were healthy options, but there really isn't. It's the same problem when you eat stuff from a can. The stuff is just packed with so much sodium, sugar and other scary ingredients that it just can't be healthy. If you want to take the healthy route, the best thing to do is what PamelaPoison suggested. Make your own food and then freeze it.

Comment

Working...
            X