kale vs baby kale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kale vs baby kale

I’ve always thought that kale was healthy but now I see a lot of baby kale products. Is that just as healthy? Does it taste better?

That's a really good question. I have no idea. In fact, I didn't know there was such a think as baby kale. From what I've just read about it, it's less bitter than regular kale, but I couldn't find out if it was less nutritious. I would guess that even if its not as nutritious as kale or if it offers different nutritious benefits, I would still eat it. It still has to be good for you if it is part of the kale family!

Comment

I think you get the same nutrition from it. I think the main difference between kale and baby kale is that baby kale is smaller and shaped differently so it makes better salads than regular kale, which has a hard spine and usually needs to be cooked because it can be difficult to eat raw.

Comment

I agree with firefly77. After all, there isn't a difference between spinach and baby spinach or carrots and baby carrots.

Comment

I'm with wolfmoon, I didn't know baby kale existed either. So, you can just obtain this in your local grocery store? I'm assuming it comes in a bag. I should check to see if mine has this product. I wouldn't mind trying it and if I could add it to salads that would be a bonus!

Comment

Working...
          X