Potatoes - Good or bad?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Potatoes - Good or bad?

I am curious. Do white potatoes offer any nutritional value, or should they just be avoided if you are attempting to lose weight?

I think they do offer quite a bit of nutrition, contain antixodiants and provide a lot of energy. When eaten in moderation potatoes will not hinder your weight loss efforts. That being said, I wouldn't eat them everyday. However, this can be said about most foods. It's always good to have a balanced diet of different foods.

Comment

As long as you cook them in a reasonable way, they actually have a lot of nutrition in them. They can be quite good for you and they’re not nearly as bad for weight loss as a lot of people had previously thought. Keep the skins on for fiber and don’t fry them and you’ll be doing great

Comment

Is there any truth to the claim that all of the nutrition of a potato is found in its skin? So if you peel a potato is it essentially not healthy anymore?

Comment

Originally posted by PamelaPoison View Post
          Is there any truth to the claim that all of the nutrition of a potato is found in its skin? So if you peel a potato is it essentially not healthy anymore?

I don't think that's entirely true. I think there is more nutrition when you leave the skin on, but I don't think taking it off removes all of the potatoes nutrition.

Comment

Thanks everyone for all of your thoughts. I'm glad that potatoes aren't bad for weight loss. I really like them

Comment

Working...
            X