Texas Mustard Greens Vs. Kale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Texas Mustard Greens Vs. Kale

What is the difference between these Texas Mustard Greens and Kale? They look virtually identical. I accidentally bought TMG instead of Kale and found that I actually liked the taste better. It didn't have that bitter bite that Kale tends to have. Is TMG as good for your as Kale? Have I found the best alternative or am I just fooling myself?

I don't know if regular mustard greens and Texas mustard greens are the same thing, but they're definitely different from Kale. They are not quite as nutrition packed as kale but in my books I'd still say they're worthy of the title of superfood just like kale and beets are. If you like them better, then you may as well just go for them because you'll be more likely to eat them more often. I find when it comes to food you know is really healthy, you don't need to nitpick about the numbers. Just go for what you'll eat and love.

Comment

I think the full name might be texas mustard greens but a lot of us just call them mustard greens. I'm pretty sure they're the same thing. I agree. While one might be slightly healthier than the other, just go for whichever one appeals!

Comment

Originally posted by Bethie View Post
        I don't know if regular mustard greens and Texas mustard greens are the same thing, but they're definitely different from Kale. They are not quite as nutrition packed as kale but in my books I'd still say they're worthy of the title of superfood just like kale and beets are. If you like them better, then you may as well just go for them because you'll be more likely to eat them more often. I find when it comes to food you know is really healthy, you don't need to nitpick about the numbers. Just go for what you'll eat and love.

Thank you Dr. Bethie, I think I'll take your advice

Comment

These mustard greens sound interesting. Where do you find them Speeddemon? My local grocer doesn't have them. I'm personally not a fan of kale either, but I usually eat it because I know it's supposed to be good for you. If there is a nicer alternative out there I wouldn't mind trying it.

Comment

Originally posted by JennyR View Post
            These mustard greens sound interesting. Where do you find them Speeddemon? My local grocer doesn't have them. I'm personally not a fan of kale either, but I usually eat it because I know it's supposed to be good for you. If there is a nicer alternative out there I wouldn't mind trying it.

I find them at my supermarket on occasion. I'm not sure where you can find them where you live JennyR. All I can suggest is that you try a different grocer or you go to a health food store or perhaps a famer's market. I guess if you really don't know where to look you can also do a google search in your area to see what you can find.

Comment

Working...
            X