Quinoa recipes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quinoa recipes

I’m looking for some good recipes that use quinoa, particularly with summer in mind. I know that they can be sprinkled on a salad but I’m getting sick of using it like that and I’d like to know some additional ways to use this superfood.

Please keep in mind that I’d prefer to have something very flavorful but that doesn’t involve a lot of sodium or packaged foods that include many processed ingredients. I’m aiming to use quinoa to promote better health so I don’t want to sully its benefits by drowning it in unhealthy ingredients.

One of my favorite quinoa recipes is broccoli quinoa pilaf. It's a mixture of quinoa, fresh broccoli, almonds and raisins. I typically eat it as a side with fish, particularly a spicy fish. I've included a link to the recipe below. They suggest spiced cod, but honestly you can use whatever fish you like. It's really tasty and light.

http://www.realsimple.com/food-recip...i-quinoa-pilaf

Comment

Ever tried making Quinoa burgers? One of my vegan friends really likes them and I think he uses this recipe ​http://www.bonappetit.com/recipe/stellar-quinoa-burger.

To make the burger patty I think you mix quinoa with sweet potato and mushrooms. Sweet potato helps to bind it and the mushrooms give it more of a "meaty" texture. I've tried them and they're actually not bad. I wouldn't give up meat for them or anything, but if you're looking for something different you can give it a try.

Comment

Mmmm that actually sounds like a good recipe Speeddemon!

I hear ya, enviroTodd, I know how boring quinoa in salad can get! When I reached that point, I went searching for healthy recipes online that included quinoa and I found that Rachel Ray has some fantastic quinoa recipes that are healthy and tasty! I particularly like the Quinoa crusted chicken. You can find the recipe here

http://www.rachaelraymag.com/recipe/...usted-chicken/

Comment

Thank you for all the great recipes. This is such a relief. I plan to attack a lot of them. SpeedDemon, I'm surprised to see you responding with something here. I mean, yes, I can see you're not giving up meat for this, but the fact that you even know what a quinoa burger is surprises me

Tony1968, I'm having fish for dinner tonight. It think I'll toss that recipe together and try it out. It looks very good! It's all stuff I already have in the house.

BabyButtons, I never would have thought to use quinoa to make a batter/crust for something. The thought of making it more crunchy made me think it would taste uncooked, but that recipe actually looks really good.Thanks! Do you make this one much?

Comment

What can I say? I'm a pretty surprising guy hahaha! Let me know what you think of the burgers if you try them.

Comment

These are some very good recipes. I've tried a lot of them. I'm a little sick of quinoa at the moment haha. I have liked trying them all out and I'm going to go about a week without having any for a while. That said, I can see myself getting back into it again and using a lot of these recipes. I’m actually surprised that there are as many as there are. I pretty much thought that this was primarily for salads but there is a lot more to it. I feel like I have quite a few now. Thank you so much, everyone!!!

Comment

Originally posted by enviroTodd View Post
                Thank you for all the great recipes. This is such a relief. I plan to attack a lot of them. SpeedDemon, I'm surprised to see you responding with something here. I mean, yes, I can see you're not giving up meat for this, but the fact that you even know what a quinoa burger is surprises me

Tony1968, I'm having fish for dinner tonight. It think I'll toss that recipe together and try it out. It looks very good! It's all stuff I already have in the house.

BabyButtons, I never would have thought to use quinoa to make a batter/crust for something. The thought of making it more crunchy made me think it would taste uncooked, but that recipe actually looks really good.Thanks! Do you make this one much?

You're welcome! I've actually made it a few times and it really is quite good. I love the crunch and I love that it's healthy! You should come over and I'll make it for you

Comment

Originally posted by BabyButtons View Post

You're welcome! I've actually made it a few times and it really is quite good. I love the crunch and I love that it's healthy! You should come over and I'll make it for you
                  You two are so cute. Seriously, Ive seen quite a few of your messages. HOw long have you been flirting?

Comment

Originally posted by KraftMan View Post

You two are so cute. Seriously, Ive seen quite a few of your messages. HOw long have you been flirting?

Haha! Since I discovered how awesome enviroTodd is

Comment

Haha! Since I discovered how awesome enviroTodd is
                      LOL When did that start, anyway? It's just fun. To be honest it's like I have an actual friend here now. But it's fun to play it up a little since you're so pretty BabyButtons. At least we don't use shipper names or anything like that.

Comment

Originally posted by enviroTodd View Post

LOL When did that start, anyway? It's just fun. To be honest it's like I have an actual friend here now. But it's fun to play it up a little since you're so pretty BabyButtons. At least we don't use shipper names or anything like that.

Awww you're so sweet! But, yeah, is just fun and I'm glad we're friends. Hahaha, I have no idea how you could use a shipper name on us. Hmmm let's see...envirobuttons? Babytodd? EnvabyTobuttons? BenviroBodd? HAHAH okay those are all so freaking ridiculous I had to try it LOL!

Comment

Awww you're so sweet! But, yeah, is just fun and I'm glad we're friends. Hahaha, I have no idea how you could use a shipper name on us. Hmmm let's see...envirobuttons? Babytodd? EnvabyTobuttons? BenviroBodd? HAHAH okay those are all so freaking ridiculous I had to try it LOL!
                          LOL Oh no, our shipper names are horrible! I do think that Babytodd sounds the funniest although envirobuttons has more of a ring to it. I know where I'm going to vote...are we allowed to vote on our own shipper names or is that not how it's done

Comment

Haha, yeah, Babytodd and envirobuttons really are the best. Of course we can vote on our own shipper names. We did make them up ourselves after all haha. Thanks for playing along enviroTodd. You really are the best and I needed a good laugh today xo

Comment

That's funny BabyButtons. I'm glad we're in agreement about our ridiculous shipper names. I didn't know the people who had the "ship" had any say in any of it. I bet celebrities wish they felt the same way. I can't imagine that hiddleswift is on board with that name. If you and I had that name I'm afraid we'd have to end it, BabyButtons LOL

Comment

Working...
                              X