need a calorie boosting tip...I can't believe I just said that

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need a calorie boosting tip...I can't believe I just said that

Ok, so I’ve been trying this raw vegan lifestyle. I’m done the juicing phase and now I’m into actually the way I want to eat. The problem I’m having is in getting enough calories. Suddenly I’m eating until I feel like I’m going to explode but I’m way too short on calories. It’s making me tired and it’s probably going to hurt my weight loss. Any tips?

I'd suggest that you start eating things like avacados, nuts and cook with plant-based oils like olive oil, coconut oil and canola oil, Quinoa and grains are also a great way to get the calories that you need.

Comment

Add some fruits and nuts to your diet, that will definitely get your calories up and you don't need to eat many to do it, so you shouldn't feel like your stuffing yourself!

Comment

I can't say I've ever had this problem. If you are that low on calories you probably don't have enough fats and protein in your diet.

Comment

Originally posted by PamelaPoison View Post
          I can't say I've ever had this problem. If you are that low on calories you probably don't have enough fats and protein in your diet.

Exactly PamelaPoison. Couldn't have said it better! Add a little fat and protein and that should solve the problem for you....and, yeah, I don't think I've EVER had that problem before haha. How are you not starving??

Comment

Originally posted by Firefly77 View Post

Exactly PamelaPoison. Couldn't have said it better! Add a little fat and protein and that should solve the problem for you....and, yeah, I don't think I've EVER had that problem before haha. How are you not starving??
            I agree. you're probably right. It's imnportant to eat more fats and proteins if your'e not getting enough calories. You coudl end up wasting your muscles instead of your body fat if you aren't careful, bigbobby.

Comment

ok ok i got the message LOL I'm going to talk to someone who knows what they're doing to see what advice I can get about giving my diet balance.

Comment

Originally posted by BigBobby View Post
                ok ok i got the message LOL I'm going to talk to someone who knows what they're doing to see what advice I can get about giving my diet balance.

That's a great idea BigBobby! Best of luck!

Comment

Working...
                X