Is Omega 3 good for weight loss?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Omega 3 good for weight loss?

I've heard a lot how Omega 3 can be really good for your body in several ways, like your brain and heart, etc. etc. Does anyone know if it helps with weight loss? Also, how much should you take in a day, and aside from fish, what are other foods are great sources of omega 3s?

There have been studies regarding omega3 and weight loss and some of them have found that it does indeed help. Apparently scientists believe that omega3 can improve blood flow to muscles when you exercise and it can help stimulate certain enzymes that move fat to where you body will store it for energy. It seems that Omega3 can help with fat loss when combined with regular exercise. As for where you can obtain Omega3, sardines, walnuts, salmon and flax seeds are all great sources. You can also take supplements. There are plenty to choose form.

Comment

I heard omega 3 and other healthy fats are really good for weight loss. They also help you process other nutrients so your body will work more efficiently. I think the best way to do it is work with both food sources and supplements. Since I don't eat flax and salmon every day, I take supplements the other days.

Comment

Omega 3 can be very good for weight loss, but you need to make sure that you are getting the right amount and from the best sources. Flax and Salmon are two of the best sources, but you can't eat that every day, so PamelaPoison is right in terms of taking supplements the other days. The best supplements are those that contain 100% pure salmon oil and have both EPA and DHA. Also make sure there are no additives, preservatives, sweeteners, dairy, yeast, starch, or wheat. It should be PURE. As for proper dosage, you might want to talk to your doctor, or follow the directions on the product label.

Comment

Oh this is very good news! I love salmon. Thanks for sharing y'all!

Comment

I find this very surprising. I knew that Omega-3 was supposed to be good for brain and heart function, but I never thought it would help with weight loss. I also heard that the supplements really don't provide you with much benefit. It's so hard nowadays to know what does and doesn't work. Some studies say something is great, others say that its ineffective.

Comment

It is funny that somethign that is actually a kind of fat will actually make it possible to get rid of body fat! I don't think I'll really understand all of this stuff

Comment

Omega3 is great for weight loss and many other things too, whether it comes from food or a supplement. There are many nutrients in food that can be beneficial for weight loss. Keep your diet as healthy and natural as possible (eliminated all the refined sugars and processed junk) and you will notice a difference.

Comment

Thanks for all of the great advice! I'm definitely going to start making Omega3 a regular part of my daily diet.

Comment

Working...
                  X