Is coconut milk good for you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is coconut milk good for you?

I know that coconut and coconut water are supposed to be really good for you. But what about coconut milk? The thick white stuff in cans. Is that good for you too? I hope so. I really like it.

I think it is. Shouldn't it contain the same good stuff that's in a coconut? Plus wouldn't the can tell you what nutritional contents are?

Comment

Coconut milk is just as good as coconut oil and coconut water. In fact, it's considered to be one of the healthiest foods in the world. Coconut milk is higher in healthy saturated fatty acids compared to coconut water but it's also higher in calories. The milk has a lot of good fat in it like lauric acid. The milk can help improve blood pressure and lower cholesterol levels. It's also high in iron, magnesium, zinc and potassium.

Comment

Originally posted by WolfMoon View Post
        Coconut milk is just as good as coconut oil and coconut water. In fact, it's considered to be one of the healthiest foods in the world. Coconut milk is higher in healthy saturated fatty acids compared to coconut water but it's also higher in calories. The milk has a lot of good fat in it like lauric acid. The milk can help improve blood pressure and lower cholesterol levels. It's also high in iron, magnesium, zinc and potassium.
        Seriously? coconut milk is as good as coconut water? That's awesome! I'd been putting it in my smoothies just because I like the taste and it makes it easier to eat turmeric without it tasting gross. I'm so impressed that I'm naturally eating healthy

Comment

Originally posted by MadMike View Post

Seriously? coconut milk is as good as coconut water? That's awesome! I'd been putting it in my smoothies just because I like the taste and it makes it easier to eat turmeric without it tasting gross. I'm so impressed that I'm naturally eating healthy

I'm also surprised by this! I thought for certain that it would be higher in fat than coconut water. I'm also pleased to hear this because I like the taste better and I love cooking with it!

Comment

Originally posted by JennyR View Post

I'm also surprised by this! I thought for certain that it would be higher in fat than coconut water. I'm also pleased to hear this because I like the taste better and I love cooking with it!
            I'm pretty sure that it's way higher in fat than coconut water, but it's good fat. It's medium chain fats that are very healthy

Comment

Working...
            X