Best lactose free milk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best lactose free milk

I'm not entirely sure but I might be lactose intolerant. What's my healthiest alternative? Lactose free milk or another thing like soy milk, almond milk, cashew, etc?

I'm not lactose intolerant but I would think that anything without lactose would be a fine alternative, wouldn't it?

Comment

I would say soy milk is probably the best one, but other great alternatives are rice milk, almond milk, coconut milk. A lot of these milks also come in different flavors and levels of sweetness so you can really experiment and find one that you like. The only other thing I would recommend you pay attention to is if you have any other health issues you'd like to control. For instance, if you're looking to watch your cholesterol, almond milk is probably the best lactose-free milk option.

Comment

Originally posted by TeensyTiff View Post
        I would say soy milk is probably the best one, but other great alternatives are rice milk, almond milk, coconut milk. A lot of these milks also come in different flavors and levels of sweetness so you can really experiment and find one that you like. The only other thing I would recommend you pay attention to is if you have any other health issues you'd like to control. For instance, if you're looking to watch your cholesterol, almond milk is probably the best lactose-free milk option.
        I always feel nervous about soy milk because I heard that soy can mimic estrogen hormones. I don't know if tha'ts good or if it's bad so I've laid off it just in case. I try to alternate between soy and another type of alternative when I'm going dairy free.

Comment

Originally posted by Whirlybird View Post

I always feel nervous about soy milk because I heard that soy can mimic estrogen hormones. I don't know if tha'ts good or if it's bad so I've laid off it just in case. I try to alternate between soy and another type of alternative when I'm going dairy free.

Really? I had no idea that soy could mimic estrogen hormones...that's kind of freaky actually.

Comment

my favorite option is fortified hemp milk. I like it because it is not only nutritious and it tastes good but it is also far better for the environment than a lot of the other milk alternatives like almond milk. It's also easier on human rights than cashew milk. Cashew harvesters are treated very poorly in a lot of places. It's awful. I'm also concerned about the way soy can imitate estrogen so that is worrisome for both men and women. Hemp is a perfect other option.

Comment

Working...
            X