Worst kinds of meat for health

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Worst kinds of meat for health

Ok I know that cured meats and things like sausages, deli meats and that kind of thing are bad, but at the butcher counter, what should I buy less of or none of for health and weight loss?

If you want ground beaf, I would suggest extra lean ground beef. If you want to substitute ground beef I would suggest getting ground pork, chicken or turkey. As for chicken, lean cuts and white chicken breasts with no skin. If you want a steak, lamb or other red meat, Go ahead and enjoy whatever cut you like, just eat it in moderation.

Comment

Ya I'd say eat less beef and more poultry as a kind of rule of thumb.

Comment

Originally posted by KraftMan View Post
        Ya I'd say eat less beef and more poultry as a kind of rule of thumb.
        I agree! Stay away from red meats and organ meets and stick to lean cuts of poultry, particularly the white meat with no skin. I would also suggest eating more fish and whenever possible choosing meat alternatives like foods that provide you with a meaty chew but aren't actually meat like tofu, beans and even mushrooms. If eating healthy meats is a concern for you, don't be afraid to be experimental and a little more vegetarian every now and again.

Comment

Originally posted by WolfMoon View Post

I agree! Stay away from red meats and organ meets and stick to lean cuts of poultry, particularly the white meat with no skin. I would also suggest eating more fish and whenever possible choosing meat alternatives like foods that provide you with a meaty chew but aren't actually meat like tofu, beans and even mushrooms. If eating healthy meats is a concern for you, don't be afraid to be experimental and a little more vegetarian every now and again.
          Yes! Fish is definitely the way to go if you want really healthy protein. I'd say WolfMoon is right about the organ meats, too. Didn't even think of that. Super high in some nutrients but they ahve a lot of stuff like sodium

Comment

Avoid: fatty cuts of red meat (whole or ground meats), organ meats, any packaged deli meat or cured meat, bacon, sausages, meat skin (e.g. chicken, duck, turkey, etc.)

Go for: lean cuts of white meat, lean cuts of red (on occasion), fish (especially red fish like salmon, rainbow trout, etc.).

Choose other sources of protein: eggs, nuts, beans, etc. whenever possible.

Comment

Working...
            X