powdered fruit and vegetables

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• powdered fruit and vegetables

I’m starting to see powdered fruits and veggies popping up all over in pictures on instagram and in other places. Are those as healthy for you as say fresh or frozen? Is it the same as taking a supplement somehow?

I have no idea but I would guess that it would be the same as taking a supplement. I mean, aren't most supplements powders or oils anyway? That said, even if they are like supplements I don't believe they're as good as eating the actual fruit or vegetable. For example, I can't imagine that eating apple powder is as healthy or nutritious as eating a whole apple.

Comment

I think that the can be as healthy for you as supplements and possibly other fresh or frozen fruits or vegetables. That said, I think you'd have to make sure that the powder (just like supplements) are of a high quality and are coming from a reputable source. You can't just trust that any powder is good for you. Also, while I feel that fruit/vegetable supplements or powders are all right as an occasional alternative to fresh and frozen fruits, I thin it's important to try to make whole foods part of your regular diet.

Comment

I suppose it depends on how they were powdered. If they're just dehydrated and blended, then maybe you'd get the same as you would from eating a whole food, except without the moisture. I'm just guessing though. Maybe it loses nutrients over time. Maybe it has no real value. I've never honestly heard of that.

Comment

I don't think it's as healthy as eating fresh or frozen fruits or vegetables. I think, just like supplements, powders are fine when you can't get what you need from your local supermarket. That said, as long as you can purchase whole fruits and vegetables always eat that instead.

Comment

Originally posted by TaraNorth View Post
            I don't think it's as healthy as eating fresh or frozen fruits or vegetables. I think, just like supplements, powders are fine when you can't get what you need from your local supermarket. That said, as long as you can purchase whole fruits and vegetables always eat that instead.
            That makes sense to me. So I guess powders are good as opposed to having no fruits or veggies or opposed to having canned (because they're just sodium bombs that have had the nutrients cooked out of them anyway). Good to have on the day before shopping day haha

Comment

Working...
            X