Getting the hang of expectations for diet pills

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting the hang of expectations for diet pills

I've always known that when it comes down to it, diet pills really won't make you lose weight. They'll support the things you do - like changes in what you eat or exercising - but they're not going to magically make you lose weight. Even though I've known that, there has always still been something in the back of my head that used to expect that I would be able to lose weight by swallowing a pill. Now that I've finally, finally, finally accepted that this is not the case all the way through my brain, I'm having so much more success. It means I'm choosing the products that give me the most help, but I'm doing the work, building the habits and now I feel like i'm going to keep losing weight the way I want to and I know this time it won't come back.

I get that. It's not easy to see the word "diet pill" and remember that it's meant to support you when you diet and not that it's a diet in a pill. Good going. Keep it up!

Comment

That is such a good point. We all really need to pay attention to reality when we set up our expectations. That lets us leave behind what would really just be magic, and focus on what we have actual control over. And plus some diet pills are really good. They make it so much easier to stick to the lifestyle changes we should be doing in the first place not only to lose the weight but to keep it off. So once we don't use those pills anymore, we know what we're doing to stop the fat from coming back. Long-term, reality actually works out to be the better choice anyway!

Comment

Good strategy. Smart at this time of the year when shopping sales too. Know what you're getting and how to use it.

Comment

Working...
        X