Can you half the tablets?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can you half the tablets?

Is it possible to half the dose if I don't want to take the whole thing?

I'm pretty sure you can. In fact, I think there is a cut line in the middle

Comment

It is possible to half the dose, just make sure when you are cutting the tablets that you are precise as possible. It's not a bad idea to start with half and work your way up to a higher strength if need be. After all, if you can benefit from a smaller dose than the one that is recommended it makes more sense to me to take less, so you're putting less in your body. That said, do remember that in the case of medication that is prescribed to you by your doctor, you shouldn't really half any dose without first consulting with your physician. I know Fenfast is OTC, but I just thought it's important to point that out, because I've known people who half or quarter their prescribed pills without consulting their doctor first and then complain that a product doesn't work.

Comment

If you want to cut pills then you should go to the drug store and pick up a pill cutter. They're cheap and easy to use and are more accurate than a knife.

Comment

Originally posted by Whirlybird View Post
          If you want to cut pills then you should go to the drug store and pick up a pill cutter. They're cheap and easy to use and are more accurate than a knife.

Thanks for the tip Whirlybird. I think I will do that. I do want to be accurate about it. I'm glad to know that I can half them. I really would prefer to start off with the lowest possible dose and then increase if I have to. I really don't see the point in taking the full dose of anything unless it is absolutely necessary.

Comment

Working...
          X