Won't your appetite just come back?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Won't your appetite just come back?

Hi everyone. This question is for anyone who has taken Fenfast or anyone who has taken a diet pill that suppresses your appetite. I can understand how these pills may help you control hunger, so you eat less, ingest fewer calories and how that can lead to weight loss...but once you stop taking these pills, wouldn't everything go back to normal? If your appetite is no longer suppressed, won't you just end up being as hungry as you were before taking the pills? Wouldn't this just cause you to gain all of the weight back? I'd really like to understand how that works.

I think your appetite will come back, but hopefully by the time you've stopped taking the pills you will have established a healthy eating and exercise routine that will allow you to stay in shape. I also think that when you eat less your stomach shrinks over time so you should naturally crave less.

Comment

It will and it won't. That is likely not the answer that you were waiting to hear, but it is the truth of the matter.

The point to using something like FenFast that works to shrink your appetite is for you to take that opportunity to eat less and, therefore, consume fewer calories so that you will lose weight. That is a very important part of it, but what is more important is that if you stick to your reasonable eating size because your hunger was reduced, then your stomach will actually gradually shrink. It will adapt to your healthier lifestyle habits.

So the more you “behave yourself” while you use an effective appetite suppressant, the smaller your appetite will actually be when you stop using it. Yes, your natural appetite size will return once you are done using the diet pill, but at the same time, it might be notably smaller than it was when you first started using it, depending on how long you were on it and how healthy you were.

Comment

Originally posted by enviroTodd View Post
        It will and it won't. That is likely not the answer that you were waiting to hear, but it is the truth of the matter.

The point to using something like FenFast that works to shrink your appetite is for you to take that opportunity to eat less and, therefore, consume fewer calories so that you will lose weight. That is a very important part of it, but what is more important is that if you stick to your reasonable eating size because your hunger was reduced, then your stomach will actually gradually shrink. It will adapt to your healthier lifestyle habits.

So the more you “behave yourself” while you use an effective appetite suppressant, the smaller your appetite will actually be when you stop using it. Yes, your natural appetite size will return once you are done using the diet pill, but at the same time, it might be notably smaller than it was when you first started using it, depending on how long you were on it and how healthy you were.

I think enviroTodd said it best. You will get your appetite back, but with any luck you will have established new eating habits that will make it easier for you to overcome challenges.

Comment

Alright, I guess that makes sense, so I essentially need to learn how to eat well and stick to it..and avoid going back to my bad eating habits.

Comment

Working...
          X