Start fresh if you fail

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Start fresh if you fail

If you have a lot of weight to lose, you can find yourself still taking pills like Fenfast, but you may not be putting the effort into your strategy involving proper eating and regular exercise. This doesn’t usually happen right away, but over time, it’s so simple to slip back into old habits. The key is to be self aware. Pay attention to what you’re doing and discover that you are working against your goals. Don’t just tell yourself that you’ve failed your diet. Start again! Right then and there. Don’t wait until tomorrow. The next thing you do should be to plan your next meal and your next workout for that day. Then, follow through.

I can’t describe the feeling to you. It’s something that you must experience for yourself. But it is energizing and it makes you feel very proud of yourself. You don’t have to feel guilty, disappointed, or ashamed if you get back in there and give it another try.

That's great advice enviroTodd. Immediately starting fresh is the best way to do it.You don't have to wait until tomorrow, and carry guilt around with you. Just let it go right away, and begin anew. I like it.

Comment

So very true enviroTodd! Starting fresh is very important. I think if we forgave ourselves a little more and were nicer on ourselves, lots of things in life wouldn't be so difficult. I think when it comes to weight loss, we tend to be our own worst enemies. I know I'm very critical of myself at times and this can be very hard on my self-esteem and make it difficult for me to feel like I can accomplish something. What is important is not giving up and continuing to reach your goal, no matter how many times you need to try again to get there. Starting fresh right away is important when you discover you've fallen off track. There is no need to wait when it comes to doing something good for yourself

Comment

Firefly77 - that's exactly it. I'm glad we agree. The more people who take this attitude and talk about it, the more things will get done. The past is done. You have no idea what the future holds. You can only control right now. So if you want to do something, start now.

BabyButtons - I think that learning to forgive yourself for things you've done without intending to or that you have done by accident is one of the most important and healing lessons we can learn. It's a lot easier to give yourself that forgiveness when you pick yourself up, dust yourself off and commit to getting back on track again. The sooner you do that, the sooner everything will feel right again.

Talking about it with others can also be very helpful. Don't hide or deny the fact that you've tripped. Instead, admit it and show how much you're dedicated to moving on and making it better. That's far more impressive to people than pretending you're perfect.

Comment

Couldn't agree more enviroTodd! I think it's also important to talk to others about it. And if you talk to people who don't seem to care and who don't want to hear it, don't let that discourage you, talk to those who do want to hear it and who do care. Sometimes you'll find that it's a lot easier to push forward with your goals, no matter what they are, when you keep positive people around you and cut all the toxic people out of your life.You should never feel bad about yourself when it comes to any of your goals, especially weight loss, and no one else should make you feel bad about it either.

Comment

You’re very right about that, BabyButtons. That’s one of the reasons that I use this forum. While it is important to have people in real life who can support you and provide you with positivity, even when you don’t feel that you’re at your best, people live busy lives and can’t be around you 24/7.

I find that it is just as great to come here and know that people like you will be around to be able to provide positive and supportive comments to keep me going even if I feel like I don’t want to keep trying with something that I am finding challenging. In that sense, plateaus are the most damaging to me, but coming here and talking to you will usually turn that around. Thanks!

Comment

No problem enviroTodd! Always glad to help. Talking is great. I always feel so much better when I know I'm not alone and I'm not the only one who makes mistakes and fails from time to time. I know that not everyone is perfect, but sometimes it's nice to hear it hee hee.

Comment

Originally posted by BabyButtons View Post
                No problem enviroTodd! Always glad to help. Talking is great. I always feel so much better when I know I'm not alone and I'm not the only one who makes mistakes and fails from time to time. I know that not everyone is perfect, but sometimes it's nice to hear it hee hee.
                That sort of thing is truly important. While I do think that there is actually more value from getting support from your friends and family in real life, face to face, when you need more or if you’re looking to get support from people when it really isn’t around you in your real life (because maybe other people in your life aren’t dieting and don’t understand exactly what you’re going through) then online is a solid opportunity to let you find the information and feedback you need...and sometimes just a pat on the back or a few words of encouragement, too.

Comment

Working...
                X