Working overnights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Working overnights

I've got a question. I"m going to be starting to work overnights...should I be reversing when I take this pill. I obviously can't take it during the day when I want to sleep. Is it still safe to take when I wake up in the afternoon before I eat my first meal since I'll be up all night long?

I don't think you need to reverse anything. If you're working overnights, later shifts or a standard daytime, it's all the same. When you get up, take one of the pills, wait a half hour then have your breakfast - regardless of whether that's at 6am or 9pm. Then, a half hour before your lunch, take the other one. Same conditions apply. It doesn't matter what time you have your lunch as long as you take the pill a half hour ahead of time so you give it enough time to kick in with its appetite suppressants and fat burners and so on. The key is not to take it too close to bedtime, whenever you go to bed, because it contains stimulants so you don't want it to keep you awake at night.

Comment

I agree with enviroTodd. As long as you're taking the pills as directed for the hours when you're awake, you should be fine. Just don't take them too close to when you're going to be heading to bed - regardless of whether that is at night or in the morning.

Comment

Just make sure you're careful to adjust your schedule as you change your shift so that you're not messing yourself up and telling your body to stay awake when it shouldn't.

Comment

as long as you are going to be awake for the next 8 hours, it is more than safe to take this without hurting your sleep

Comment

Thanks for all your thoughts That was what I was thinking and kind of hoping!

Comment

Working...
            X