caffeine done right

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• caffeine done right

I was about to talk about the fact that a lot of diet pills have caffeine in them and cause you to have jitters and other problems. I was going to use FenFast as an example of that because it contains caffeine. It's listed in its ingredients as caffeine anhydrous, which pretty much means it's a dehydrated version of caffeine. It's what makes it possible to put it into a dry pill instead of a liquid. Then I realized that the amount of caffeine in this product is about the same as a cup of coffee. Yes, there are people who get the jitters from one average cup of coffee, but most of us can tolerate that very well (in fact, a lot of us drink a lot more caffeine than that). So while I still stand by my belief that pills with a lot of stimulants are bad for you and give you uncomfortable side effects, in the case of this one, most people should actually be just fine. I guess it's not always the ingredient itself but it's the amount of it that is used that matters. That matters for all ingredients. Even the ones not associated with side effects since you need to have enough of something in it to be effective.

I couldn't agree more enviroTodd. Caffeine as an ingredient isn't bad, it is how much of it is used. It's also about being smart and paying attention to how much caffeine you consume while taking a product that contains it. In a lot of cases those who take diet pills with caffeine tend to get jitters and things because they're also drinking coffee or cola or having an energy drink, which is sending their caffeine levels through the roof!

Comment

I also think it is the amount that is used (in most cases unless people have an allergy) than caffeine itself. I agree with both you enviroTodd and Lady Greenfairy. You need to pay attention to how much you're putting in your body. It might not be a diet pill that's causing you to have bad reactions but the fact that you're combining it with other stimulants you might be taking in addition to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Charlotte View Post
        I also think it is the amount that is used (in most cases unless people have an allergy) than caffeine itself. I agree with both you enviroTodd and Lady Greenfairy. You need to pay attention to how much you're putting in your body. It might not be a diet pill that's causing you to have bad reactions but the fact that you're combining it with other stimulants you might be taking in addition to it.
        That's just it. You really do need to understand what you're using. Good point charlotte

Comment

You couldn't be more right enviroTodd! It really is how much caffeine you put in your system that matters. I once drank one too many cups of coffee one day and I thought my heart was going to never slow down! I suddenly got really antsy and couldn't sit still and my chest even hurt. It really freaked me out! It's important not to overdo it with caffeine. This is one of those substances where a little goes a long way.

Comment

Originally posted by BabyButtons View Post
            You couldn't be more right enviroTodd! It really is how much caffeine you put in your system that matters. I once drank one too many cups of coffee one day and I thought my heart was going to never slow down! I suddenly got really antsy and couldn't sit still and my chest even hurt. It really freaked me out! It's important not to overdo it with caffeine. This is one of those substances where a little goes a long way.
            That's precisely it, BabyButtons. Caffeine is a natural substance and it is a safe one but only if you use it within reasonable limits. If you drink the right amount of coffee or use a good quality weight loss pill, it will help you. Overdo it and it will hurt you.

Comment

Working...
            X