What is the difference between capsules and tablets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the difference between capsules and tablets

Is there a difference between capsules and tablets? Is one better than the other? I'm only asking because I know Phenblue is a capsule, while other diet pills like FenFast and Trimthin are tablets. thoughts?

Tablets are like a powder that is pressed down until it's hard. Capsules are a powder that is held inside a capsule that is usually made of cellulose or something else like that. Some people find capsules easier to swallow, others find tablets are easier. Tablets are usually smaller. I find them harder to swallow unless they're coated. You can put the same medication in either one but it's just the type of pill that it is, like it's format. I don't know if that made any sense. haha

Comment

There is a difference in the strength of the ingredients that they have to contain, sometimes, to produce the same results.

Comment

Also, while you can technically cut a table to make it easier to swallow or to decrease the dose, you can't do this with a capsule. Capsules must be taken full. You are not supposed to open them. They are designed to release the ingredients in your system in a certain way. Breaking the capsule can result in your obtaining too much too fast.

Comment

Thanks for the info.

Comment

Originally posted by Freddy View Post
            Also, while you can technically cut a table to make it easier to swallow or to decrease the dose, you can't do this with a capsule.
            LOL I know this is childish but I just have to point out how much I laughed when you wrote "cut a table"....it was a good chuckle for me. Thanks for the typo. It made my day!

Comment

Originally posted by PennyThoughts View Post
              LOL I know this is childish but I just have to point out how much I laughed when you wrote "cut a table"....it was a good chuckle for me. Thanks for the typo. It made my day!
              Ohhh you just wait until you typo, PennyThoughts

Comment

Working...
              X