Combine phenblue with a vegetarian diet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Combine phenblue with a vegetarian diet

Hi! I just wanted to tell you that I am a vegetarian and have had a lot of success with my diet and taking PhenBlue. I know this might not work for those of you who really love to eat meat, but for those of you who don't care whether or not you have meat in your diet, you might want to consider cutting it out and looking for veggie-based ways to obtain the protein and other nutrients you need that you would otherwise receive from meat. Of course, just like any other diet that is good for weight loss, you'll want to steer clear of high-fatty junk foods, such as baked treats and foods high in sugar and watch the number of white carbs you eat. Just thought I'd share in case anyone was interested

That's a really good idea. how do you replace your proteins? Do you eat eggs? Whats' your strategy? I'm looking for this kind of thing, myself!

Comment

How much meat were you eating before you started this, Tracyk?

Comment

I've heard that going vegetarian or vegan can be really good for weight loss, but I don't think I could make such a huge commitment. I like meat way too much lol.

Comment

Originally posted by ChristySmiles View Post
          I've heard that going vegetarian or vegan can be really good for weight loss, but I don't think I could make such a huge commitment. I like meat way too much lol.

I agree with you Christysmiles. There is no way I could ever give up meat lol. That said I have heard the same thing about vegetarianism being good for weight loss. But you do need to make sure you get the proper amount of protein and things. It's not an easy diet to follow if you don't know what you're doing or the nutrition you need.

Comment

I'm just afraid to do it wrong. I've heard of a lot of people who end up having hair fall out or they go anemic because they don't get enough iron. I don't know how to replace protein properly without meat

Comment

could you just use a protein powder to make sure you get enough?

Comment

Originally posted by Bean View Post
                I'm just afraid to do it wrong. I've heard of a lot of people who end up having hair fall out or they go anemic because they don't get enough iron. I don't know how to replace protein properly without meat

I agree with Bean. I'm not saying you shouldn't be a vegetarian, but you do need to make sure you are getting everything you need when you cut out meat.

Comment

There are different ways that you can ensure you obtain enough protein. You'd be surprised at the amount of non-animal foods that are great sources of protein. Many beans for instance are a great source of protein. Also, I believe it was enviroTodd who said on another topic about lentils that combining lentils with any bread make a complete protein. Green peas, quinoa, chickpeas, nuts, edamae, leafy greens, chia seeds, hemp and lots more. There are ways to eat healthy and safely as a vegetarian/vegan. Do a little research if you're interested in trying it out and you'll find it's really not that difficult. It's simply a matter of changing your diet and educating yourself about food and nutrition.

Comment

I had no idea that green peas had protein!

Comment

I think that proteins and nutrition should be discussed more in school, especially in terms of vegetarian sources of nutrients. I don’t think that everyone has to be a vegetarian, but it wouldn’t hurt if people actually had a better understanding of their foods and the various sources that can provide them with the nutrition that they require for their best health.

Comment

Working...
                      X