Does red do something?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does red do something?

This is probably a dumb question but I've noticed that quite a few of the pills I've seen like Trimthin x700 that give you energy and help with your workouts are red. Is that because there's a really good ingredient that is red, or is that just a color companies pick because it goes with that feeling of power and energy so it's essentially like pill packaging?

I think it's just part of the marketing. Some pill are yellow, green, pink, blue even polkadots! Usually the pill color matches the product packaging and the overall theme. It's just food dye, nothing spectacular about it

Comment

Yup, I agree with suzieQ. I think it just has to do with marketing. I mean, if food dyes actually helped with weight loss...I'm sure we'd be hearing about the "Food Dye Diet" or pill manufacturers would be talking about how because the pill is red it offers a certain weight loss benefit, (e.g. fat burning, appetite suppression, etc.) etc. You know what I mean?

Comment

Thanks. I somewhat thought that was the case. But since it was so common, I thought maybe there was some core ingredient that was actually bright red. I'm a bit embarrassed now

Comment

Originally posted by PamelaPoison View Post
          Thanks. I somewhat thought that was the case. But since it was so common, I thought maybe there was some core ingredient that was actually bright red. I'm a bit embarrassed now
          Oh don't feel embarassed! These days, who knows what anything does, especially when it comes to diet pill products. I mean, for the longest time I thought that an OTC diet pill wouldn't work if it wasn't white with blue specks like phentermine LOL. Marketing gets into your head and you start to question if the choices are only asthetic or if they serve another purpose. I'm glad you asked the question cause, trust me, you're not the only one who was curious about stuff like that. You were only the one smart enough to ask!

Comment

Working...
          X