Is an hour exercise a day enough

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is an hour exercise a day enough

If I exercise for an hour a day is this going to be enough for me to lose weight taking this diet pill (if I watch what I eat as well of course)? I'm asking because I honestly don't think I could commit to more than an hour.

An hour is more than enough. If you go for 20 minutes of high intensity or HIIT, or if you go for 30 minutes to 45 for moderate, you're set. You can even split those times in two. Even better, you can take 1 to 2 days off per week to let your body recover. Use that time to meditate, do yoga, or just take it easy.

Comment

I was also going to say that's more than enough. And if you can do that, good for you! I can barely get in 30 minutes LOL. That said, enviroTodd I like your idea of doing yoga or meditating on days "Off". I'm not really big on Yoga, but I like the idea of doing meditation. Does anyone know if meditation classes are a thing or is that something you can only do online or by buying a tape or something?

Comment

I think an hour is too much. THe exercise isn't what gets you to lose weight. It's what stops you from regaining wieght you've lost (or more pounds that weren't there before). Focus more on calories or carbs for losing weight. Just make sure you get a half hour of exercise at least 5 times per day for your health and for your weigh gain prevention. Make it at least moderate intensity if not moderate to high intensity.

Comment

I agree with MadMike. I don't think you need to exercise that much. 30 minutes a day, even split up in 10 minute bursts is great for giving your metabolism a boost. When it comes to weight loss, it really is more about your diet than exercising. Exercise does help you lose, but it's main importance is maintaining weight, improving stamina, flexibility and your overall health.

Comment

Originally posted by MadMike View Post
            I think an hour is too much. THe exercise isn't what gets you to lose weight. It's what stops you from regaining wieght you've lost (or more pounds that weren't there before). Focus more on calories or carbs for losing weight. Just make sure you get a half hour of exercise at least 5 times per day for your health and for your weigh gain prevention. Make it at least moderate intensity if not moderate to high intensity.
            Works for me. I'm way happier doing less than an hour of exercise LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by Speeddemon View Post

Works for me. I'm way happier doing less than an hour of exercise LOL!
              I have to agree with you there. I think if I had to do an hour of exercise every day, I'd meet my workout goals two or three times per year and that's it!

Comment

Originally posted by Bethie View Post

I have to agree with you there. I think if I had to do an hour of exercise every day, I'd meet my workout goals two or three times per year and that's it!
                Exactly hahaha

Comment

sort-of on this topic, is anyone else finding it exceptionally hard to meet minimum exercise targets this year? Last year at this time, I was driven to move around and was feeling great about myself in doing it. This year, I can't seem to get going. I even turned off the reminder to move feature on my fitness tracker because it was going off so much and annoying me instead of motivating me. I'm still getting my 30 minutes per day, but I'm not really moving around much other than that. Is that just me?

Comment

sort-of on this topic, is anyone else finding it exceptionally hard to meet minimum exercise targets this year? Last year at this time, I was driven to move around and was feeling great about myself in doing it. This year, I can't seem to get going. I even turned off the reminder to move feature on my fitness tracker because it was going off so much and annoying me instead of motivating me. I'm still getting my 30 minutes per day, but I'm not really moving around much other than that. Is that just me?
                    Nah. That's not just you. I feel more sluggish than normal, too. Personally, I'm blaming a lot of it on the weather. I don't know where you live Bethie, but where I do, it's been grey skies for most of December and January...come to think of it, we didn't have much sun in November either. The weather has been really erratic...I wonder if the changing pressures outside also have something to do with it.

Comment

Nah. That's not just you. I feel more sluggish than normal, too. Personally, I'm blaming a lot of it on the weather. I don't know where you live Bethie, but where I do, it's been grey skies for most of December and January...come to think of it, we didn't have much sun in November either. The weather has been really erratic...I wonder if the changing pressures outside also have something to do with it.
                      A few days ago, I would have agreed with you but then I got 3 consecutive days of sun. How much sun does it take for a person to feel like it's making a difference again? Is that enough?

Comment

A few days ago, I would have agreed with you but then I got 3 consecutive days of sun. How much sun does it take for a person to feel like it's making a difference again? Is that enough?
                        No idea. Maybe baby pigs need a lot more than that. I bet it's not just the sun, but how warm you feel and how it looks outside. Do you prefer the summer to the winter? I'm definitely a summer kind of guy

Comment

No idea. Maybe baby pigs need a lot more than that. I bet it's not just the sun, but how warm you feel and how it looks outside. Do you prefer the summer to the winter? I'm definitely a summer kind of guy
                          Maybe we do! haha. I'm definitely a summer person, too. I'm a solar powered person. I think my hair is actually solar panels

Comment

HAHAHAHA! Funniest thing I've read all day. Thanks for the laugh, Bethie . Needed that today

Comment

Working...
                            X