Afternoon tea with TrimThin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Afternoon tea with TrimThin

I have a question that is probably dumb. I like having a tea in the afternoon but I know tea has caffeine in it. Is it still possible to have that while I’m taking Trimthin? Since it’s a sustained release and it lasts longer, does that mean if I drink tea it will conflict with it?

It could conflict with it because it does have caffeine. That said, you do have different options when it comes to tea. One good thing about tea is that it does have less caffeine than coffee. Also, green tea has less caffeine than black tea. Furthermore, you can always opt for decaffeinated teas to further reduce caffeine consumption or drink herbal teas to eliminate the caffeine feature altogether. There are many different kinds of herbal tea and many of them taste great. That said, if you're not interested in herbal tea, you can always try having your regular cup of tea in the afternoon and see what happens. Sometimes you can never know if something is a good or a bad idea until you give it a try. If having your tea is really important to you, than it may be a risk worth taking.

Comment

Thanks Jokerzwild. I have been trying out a few different options throughout the week to see if I can still enjoy what I like. I am not a huge fan of herbal teas in the afternoon. I drink them in the evening because they relax me and make me feel ready for bed.

I think that I can drink my afternoon tea, but just get decaf. I'll let you know if that works. Is decaffeinated tea still high in caffeine?
      Last edited by Bethie; 09-27-2014, 01:24 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bethie View Post
        Thanks Jokerzwild. I have been trying out a few different options throughout the week to see if I can still enjoy what I like. I am not a huge fan of herbal teas in the afternoon. I drink them in the evening because they relax me and make me feel ready for bed.

I think that I can drink my afternoon tea, but just get decaf. I'll let you know if that works. Is decaffeinated tea still high in caffeine?

It depends on the type of tea you drink Bethie. I believe that decaf green-tea has next to no caffeine or none at all, but black tea does still contain small amounts of it. It's much lower than regular black tea so I doubt it will be a problem for you.

Comment

I didn't know that! That's really interesting, thank you Speeddemon. I would have thought that decaffeinated anything would be about the same level - tea, coffee, whatever. I guess I'll start having a lot of green tea. I think it's supposed to be good for you anyway. I bet you drink a lot of it since you're so smart.

Comment

haha thanks Bethie. I do actually drink green tea. it's the tea that I prefer. At first I thought it tasted a little skunky but it grew on me. Now I find a lot of black teas to be quite bitter. I'm also one of those people who prefer leaves to teabags if I'm going to have tea. Which do you prefer?

Comment

LOL skunky? Speedemon, you must have tried a really bad pot of it or something. I've never heard it described that way. Black tea can be somewhat bitter if you don't get a really good brand. I find with the more bitter brands, a touch of milk is really necessary. I think that leaves taste better than bags of tea, but I find that tea bags are so much more convenient, so I just use them unless I'm entertaining.

Comment

Ya, I must have had a bad batch. You'd remember if you had tea like that because it kind of puts you off tea lol. I do like milk in my tea, as well. I do use teabags on occasion, but I don't find using lose leaf inconvenient. I've got a great mug that makes it easy to do.

Comment

Originally posted by Speeddemon View Post
                  I've got a great mug that makes it easy to do.
                  how does a mug make loose leaf tea convenient? Is it a sort of specialty thing? I find that a tea ball isn't easy to clean, that's why I find that tea bags are easier. Does your mug have a kind of built in thing that is easy to clean that lets you use loose leaf? If that's the case, I'd probably make it more, too. I look forward to hearing about it!

Comment

Yes. My mug comes with an extra piece where you can sit the leaves into it. You remove it from the top when the leaves have steeped for as long as you want them too and then just drink from the mug like normal. I find it much easier to clean than those irritating mesh tea balls. It's sort of like a ceramic strainer (if that makes any sense) You might be able to find one at a shop that specializes in teas or at an ethic store.

Comment

That's so great! I'm going to look for one of those. Its it really easy to clean? Does it go in a dishwasher? You don't have to answer that if you don't want to. I can always find out when I shop for one ha ha. You should be my personal shopper

Comment

LOL I'd take you up on your offer to become your personal shopper if I thought I could actually pull that off, but I doubt you'd like what I'd select. Perhaps for tea cups I'd do all right, but beyond that... My cup is dishwasher safe. I don't buy things that go in the dishwasher. I hate washing dishes. I don't find dumping out the tea leaves a pain because they don't get stuck like they do in the mesh balls.

Comment

Working...
                        X