TrimThin and Pregnancy - don't do it!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TrimThin and Pregnancy - don't do it!

Hi everyone. My friend said something this morning that really freaked me out. She's pregnant and wants to lose weight (she has gained A LOT of weight so far...much more than she needs to), and she's thinking about taking TrimThin. I think she's nuts and I told her so and that she shouldn't do it, AND if she isn't going to listen to me, she should at least listen to her doctor. Just wanted to leave this tip here for anyone who is considering taking TrimThin or any diet pill while they are pregnant or breastfeeding. It is your choice to take a diet pill, but don't make that choice for someone else who has no control over receiving it. There, rant done.

Not too long ago I might have been shocked to hear that any woman would consider taking a weight loss pill during pregnancy or while breast feeding, but it's a shame that this no longer shocks me. I just don't understand the way some people think. I don't know what's worse, that I know people like this or that I happen to be related to a couple of them *sigh*. That being said, good tip/point SuzieQ

Comment

Very good point suzieq. No pregnant woman should take diet pills, whether they r prescription or not. If u need 2 lose weight while you are pregs, talk to ur doc. An remember. A lot of the weight u gain is jus baby!

Comment

There are actually pregnant women out there who would consider taking diet pills? Yikes!

Comment

Originally posted by Firefly77 View Post
          There are actually pregnant women out there who would consider taking diet pills? Yikes!
          Ya...you'd be surprised at what some people would do.

Comment

THANK YOU!! I'm so glad (and relieved) that you all agree!

Comment

Originally posted by ChristySmiles View Post
              Originally posted by Firefly77 View Post
              Ya...you'd be surprised at what some people would do.
              That just freaks me out! When you're pregnant, it's not just your life that you're messing with. I don't mean that you need to go insane being careful, but at least don't pop pills without asking the doctor, first!

Comment

UGH! NO NO NO! I can't believe anyone would even DREAM of taking diet pills or other "non essential" pills while they are pregnant. There are some pills that are safe, or that can be safely taken in moderation while pregnant, but I still wouldn't take them unless it was life or death, or you really couldn't function anymore. If you feel that you can't wait until after the baby is born and breastfeeding is done to lose weight because it's that urgent, then talk to your doctor, because you will need special assistance.

Comment

Working...
                X