Feeling full

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feeling full

I have a problem with over-eating. Even though this diet pill does help to reduce my appetite, I'm a fast eater and I still tend to eat more than I should. I know I'm supposed to stop when I start feeling full, but I don't know what signs to watch for. Usually I don't know I've overdone it until I'm experiencing that over-stuffed feeling. What "feeling full" signs should I be looking for?

The trick is to make sure you're eating things in the right order. It's not a matter of being able to detect the full feeling early. Your brain takes the time it needs to get to that signal. Instead, try starting your meal with whatever part of your plate has the most fiber. Fiber automatically fills you up with a lot of mass in your stomach. Then, you can eat in whatever order you want. You might also want to drink a glass of water about 15 minutes before your meal and sip water through your meal. That will also help your belly to fill faster so your brain will register it sooner. Eat the foods that are slower to register later on in your meal, like the proteins and fats. If you have something sweet, eat that at the very end. That's often a way to send glucose right into your bloodstream ant tops things off. The earlier you register your full feeling the less likely you will be to keep eating beyond what you should have.

Comment

I have the same problem. Instead of trying to listen to my own signals, I put a reasonable portion of food on my plate and eat it. Then I wait 10 minutes and see how I feel. If I need more, I'll eat it but often the "fullness" kicks in.

Comment

Originally posted by PamelaPoison View Post
        I have the same problem. Instead of trying to listen to my own signals, I put a reasonable portion of food on my plate and eat it. Then I wait 10 minutes and see how I feel. If I need more, I'll eat it but often the "fullness" kicks in.
        I find that's easier said than done. I'd love to wait ten minutes but when I still feel hungry then I just keep eating because I blindly trust those signals. Once I'm eating, I don't really stop until I start feeling full

Comment

Originally posted by enviroTodd View Post
          The trick is to make sure you're eating things in the right order. It's not a matter of being able to detect the full feeling early. Your brain takes the time it needs to get to that signal. Instead, try starting your meal with whatever part of your plate has the most fiber. Fiber automatically fills you up with a lot of mass in your stomach. Then, you can eat in whatever order you want. You might also want to drink a glass of water about 15 minutes before your meal and sip water through your meal. That will also help your belly to fill faster so your brain will register it sooner. Eat the foods that are slower to register later on in your meal, like the proteins and fats. If you have something sweet, eat that at the very end. That's often a way to send glucose right into your bloodstream ant tops things off. The earlier you register your full feeling the less likely you will be to keep eating beyond what you should have.

Thanks for this enviroTodd. I'll try your tips and see if that helps!

Bean - I know what you mean! I have a hard time stopping until I'm full too. I need to have that "satisfied" feeling.

Comment

Working...
          X