Does slow release actually work?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does slow release actually work?

I like the idea of slow release formulas, but does this actually work. How can one pill slowly release ingredients into your body compared to another. Don't all tablets work the same just as all capsules work the same? Shouldn't all tablets be considered slow release if that's the case? I'm really trying to figure this one out.

Yes. Slow release formulas do work. This isn't a concept that is exclusive to diet pills. There are also certain over the counter medications - such as cold medicines and painkillers - that are designed for slow release and there are a large number of slow release prescription drugs. It helps to ensure that the body will receive the benefits gradually and over time instead of all at once and then having it die off. It's important for formulas that have fast acting ingredients but that have a short reaction time in the body. It's important not to cut this type of pill because it can cause too much of the medicine or the ingredients to flood your body at once. These have to be swallowed whole.

Comment

I don't think all of them work but some do. It depends on how much is being slowly released at a time.

Comment

Originally posted by enviroTodd View Post
        Yes. Slow release formulas do work. This isn't a concept that is exclusive to diet pills. There are also certain over the counter medications - such as cold medicines and painkillers - that are designed for slow release and there are a large number of slow release prescription drugs. It helps to ensure that the body will receive the benefits gradually and over time instead of all at once and then having it die off. It's important for formulas that have fast acting ingredients but that have a short reaction time in the body. It's important not to cut this type of pill because it can cause too much of the medicine or the ingredients to flood your body at once. These have to be swallowed whole.

That's so interesting enviroTodd! You're a fountain of the coolest information haha I'm going to be heading away on a short vacation over Christmas and won't be back until next week so I just wanted to take the time now to wish you a safe, happy and healthy holiday my friend! XO

Comment

Originally posted by BabyButtons View Post

That's so interesting enviroTodd! You're a fountain of the coolest information haha I'm going to be heading away on a short vacation over Christmas and won't be back until next week so I just wanted to take the time now to wish you a safe, happy and healthy holiday my friend! XO
          Thank you very much, BabyButtons. I enjoy sharing it with you. Wishing you a very good Christmas and holiday, too. I hope you enjoy your vacation. Do lots of relaxing and have a good time with your family and friends.

Comment

Thanks enviroTodd! I had a great time It's always awesome to go somewhere warm this time of year. I got back only a couple of hours ago and even though I do miss the warm weather, there's still no place like home. I'm happy to still have a few more days off before I return to work in the New Year. I hope you're having a great holiday. Have you been good with your dieting goals? Mine have slipped a little lol.

Comment

Originally posted by enviroTodd View Post

Thanks for explaining that to me enviroTodd, but I have to admit that I still don't quite understand how one type of pill can slowly release it's formula over another kind. Is it because it uses specific ingredients that are absorbed by the body at at slower rate or is it that it takes the body longer to break down certain types of pills (ex. capsules vs. tablets)?

Comment

Originally posted by Lady Greenfairy View Post

Thanks for explaining that to me enviroTodd, but I have to admit that I still don't quite understand how one type of pill can slowly release it's formula over another kind. Is it because it uses specific ingredients that are absorbed by the body at at slower rate or is it that it takes the body longer to break down certain types of pills (ex. capsules vs. tablets)?
                I've always found that confusing, too. I think it has to do with how slowly thepill actulaly breaks down. So it has to do with the inactive ingredients.

Comment

Originally posted by PamelaPoison View Post

I've always found that confusing, too. I think it has to do with how slowly thepill actulaly breaks down. So it has to do with the inactive ingredients.
                  That's go to be it Pamela Poison, Any other reason honestly just doesn't make sense. I do know that some pills can dissolve quicker than others. Therefore, time release just dissolves at a slower rate, so the benefits of it continue to last for longer than if you were to get the full dose all at once. That's why it's important to take all pills exactly as they have been prescribed/directed to ensure that the pill works exactly as it was meant to.

Comment

Working...
                  X