I feel like I'm going crazy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I feel like I'm going crazy

This new normal is making me nuts. I go through several days or even a week when I'm so motivated and driven. Then I go through a day or even a couple of days when I feel the exact opposite. It's like I just can't get a grip. I don't even know myself anymore. My diet and exercise are all over the place. Why is it that I have less on my schedule than ever and I can't seem to get a new routine going? I can't even stick to the old routine that I'd pretty much mastered before. THis is madness. I'm so frustrated with myself. Does anyone know a way to stop sucking in this new environment?

It is very frustrating. Personally, I feel like the reason so many of are having a hard time getting things done, even though we have less on our schedule is that we know we can't go anywhere or do the things we used to do and not even think twice about. Now, if you have to go out, it has to be for a good reason and you know wherever you're going it's going to be uncomfortable, because you can't move around freely. You need to wear a mask, you need to keep your distance, you're likely going to have to wait in line, etc. It does feel like madness sometimes and I think all you can really do is take advantage of positive days when you have them, and do your best to be good to yourself on the days when its harder. I find when I'm getting in a rut, I learn something new or find a new activity to challenge myself. Sometimes, it helps. Hang in their hun.

Comment

The trick is to find a new routine. An old routine just doesn't work right now. Find what works for you in the present and make the most of it. I mean we all want things to go back to they way they were, but they won't. We need to accept that and move forward and find new ways to be happy.

Comment

As you find the new routine, stick to it as much as you can. If somethign doesn't work, dont' just give up on it. Adapt it. It might just be a matter of a few small tweaks and you'll be set to go again. Hang in there. You'll figure it out then it will feel completly normal to you.

Comment

Originally posted by KittyKatt View Post
          As you find the new routine, stick to it as much as you can. If somethign doesn't work, dont' just give up on it. Adapt it. It might just be a matter of a few small tweaks and you'll be set to go again. Hang in there. You'll figure it out then it will feel completly normal to you.
          That's exactly it! Nothing is easy right now, but we can still make the most of what we can. Changing your expectations may help you to find some peace and satisfaction with your life. We can't make judgments on our lives now as they are based on how we used to be before. Be kind to yourself and find ways to be happy with your present.

Comment

Originally posted by BabyButtons View Post

That's exactly it! Nothing is easy right now, but we can still make the most of what we can. Changing your expectations may help you to find some peace and satisfaction with your life. We can't make judgments on our lives now as they are based on how we used to be before. Be kind to yourself and find ways to be happy with your present.
            Well said! Right now isn't about judging yourself or getting things done that you may not have had time for before. This isn't a period of havng more time. We're living through a crisis. This is about being kind and understanding to yourself to get through it. You can't fairly judge yourself now. We've never been in a situation like this before. Give yourself the chance to adapt and pivot in a direction you can realistically take. Right now, the superheroes are the people doing everything they can to stop the spread of the virus and those who are going to work every day and getting the job done when they're allowed to do so. The rest of the time, it's all about finding a way to be okay when things are not okay.

Comment

YES!!! Be kind to you. Things will get better.

Comment

Working...
              X