Ingredient combinations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ingredient combinations

While you research ingredients to make sure that a diet pill is going to work, don’t forget to look into studies that include combinations of ingredients. I just finished looking into something that had L-Tyrosine in it. While I wasn’t too impressed with the results that it was recorded to have in weight loss studies on its own, because the difference was there, but it was minor, I found other studies that showed that when L-Tyrosine was combined with green tea or caffeine, for example, it suddenly made those ingredients much more effective than they were on their own.

Combinations matter as much as the individual benefits.

That's a good thought but it makes things a lot more complicated when you're looking into a diet pill. It's hard enough to research studies for one ingredient let alone 2 or more.

Comment

Originally posted by KittyKatt View Post
      That's a good thought but it makes things a lot more complicated when you're looking into a diet pill. It's hard enough to research studies for one ingredient let alone 2 or more.

I agree. Researching ingredients is already complicated enough. It is interesting to know that when certain ingredients are combined with others that it makes them stronger, but ya, trying to figure it all out can make your head spin!

Comment

I wish that there was some kind of database that would allow you to click off the ingredients and it would give you warnings about possible interactions, indications that ingredients have been known to work well together, and links to research on the subject. That would be perfect.

Comment

Originally posted by Bonnie View Post
          I wish that there was some kind of database that would allow you to click off the ingredients and it would give you warnings about possible interactions, indications that ingredients have been known to work well together, and links to research on the subject. That would be perfect.

I agree. A database would be great. Now that's something that would help us all out. It really would be perfect and would take out the guess work.

Comment

That would be an incredible resource. It would be really hard to keep it up, though, since there are always new studies and new ingredients being added to the market. Pretty amazing though

Comment

Working...
            X