Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do diet pills have to have some form of stimulant in order to boost energy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do diet pills have to have some form of stimulant in order to boost energy?

Is it possible for fat burners to have non-stimulant ingredients or do all metabolism boosters have to have stimulants in order to provide the body with that extra burst of energy? I'd like to avoid taking stimulants if possible, but I'd still like to use a product that works well.

There are lots that don't have stimulants in them. Most of the ones that don't have stimulants don't work as well, but look for ones that include chili peppers or capsaicin (sp?). They're fat burners, too, but aren't stimulants.

Comment

No, they don't but as brightstar said, a lot of them do have it. There are other ingredients that help with energy boosting. The other thing I will point out is that some diet pills will say they they boost energy or metabolsim but that they don't contain stimulants or caffeine, but when you read their ingredients and there is green tea extract, bitter organ or yohimbine, etc. Many ingredients are stimulants or are derived from them etc. Therefore, if you are trying to avoid taking diet pills with stimulants/caffeine, it's really important to look up all of the ingredients listed. Don't just trust what the manufacturer says.

Comment

Personally I think that all the good ones do have stimulants. I don't see how any other ingredient could give you the kind of boost you need.

Comment

Originally posted by suzieQ View Post
          Personally I think that all the good ones do have stimulants. I don't see how any other ingredient could give you the kind of boost you need.
          I do too. I dind't want to be the first prson to admit it

Comment

Wow...so it sounds like most pills have stimulants, some that claim they don't have them, still do to some degree and there are a few that don't. So essentially, if I want to take OTC diet pills I should probably just use the ones with the lowest amount of stimulants...otherwise, I feel like I'm going to have to become an amazing medical researcher!

Comment

I think that for energy, pretty much the only thing that will do it is stimulants. But if you want to give yourself energy without using those types of ingredients, then just eat a really good diet and drink lots of water. Whenever you feel fatigued, go for a walk. It seriously makes a difference. I'm not just being all new agey LOL

Comment

Working...
              X