Water intake and diet pills

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water intake and diet pills

I’ve heard that it’s important to drink a lot of water when taking some diet pills. Is that for all diet pills or just some?

It's important for all diet pills, I think. However, it's really, really important for diuretic/water pills. These are pills that contain dandelion root and other diuretic substances that make you have to pee a lot. They're designed to make you expel excess water which can help prevent bloating. However, if you don't drink enough water, you risk dehydrating yourself.

Comment

What Troy Burger said is true. However, other pills that require you to ingest enough water are fat blockers, pill that contain fiber like glucomanan, which expand in your stomach to make you feel full, etc. They rely on water to expand, so you need to make sure you drink enough of it. To bet honest, it's just important to make sure you're drinking enough water on the whole throughout the day to flush out your system. This doesn't mean you should only drink water, but try to make it you primary beverage.

Comment

It's important for thermogenics, too, so you don't overheat and dehydrate

Comment

I think it's always important to drink a lot of water, diet pill or not

Comment

Originally posted by TammyBear View Post
            I think it's always important to drink a lot of water, diet pill or not

That's exactly what I think, too, TammyBear. You should be making sure that you are well hydrated throughout the day and that most of the beverages you ingest are water. It's the healthiest thing for you. It aids with digestion, it helps to flush toxins out of your body, and it also keeps down water weight.

Comment

Working...
            X