Do diet pills boost your workout performance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do diet pills boost your workout performance

Does anyone know if stimulant diet pills that are supposed to help you burn more fat from a workout will actually help you do better at your exercises, too?

I think that they do. I think that they give you more energy to keep going for longer and they provide you with the motivation to complete what you started. So I think if you took them right before you worked out (obviously several hours before you went to sleep) you'd not only enhance your fat burning but you'd also be better with exercising because you'd have the motivation.

Comment

I think you're right, JennyR. The stimulant ones probably help like a cup of coffee or an energy drink would

Comment

I agree and think that the caffeine provides an energy boost which can help to make you more motivated to exercise. Beyond that though, I don't think it actually does much to help improve your performance. Ultimately I think how much better you do at your exercise is up to you haha.

Comment

Originally posted by Lady Greenfairy View Post
          I agree and think that the caffeine provides an energy boost which can help to make you more motivated to exercise. Beyond that though, I don't think it actually does much to help improve your performance. Ultimately I think how much better you do at your exercise is up to you haha.
          Stimulants will only help you for so long with your performance before you start to build a tolerance to them and then you’ll just need more and more until you’re only experiencing side effects and not really any benefits. Plus, if you have ever experience coffee withdrawal then you know that it’s not a great feeling to have to try to run under your own power when you’re used to the help of caffeine. It’s way better to energize yourself with healthful foods and a positive attitude than to have to lean on a temporary crutch with diet pills.

Comment

I think I've seen studies over the last year that have said that coffee is one of the best things you should have before a workout to boost performance, so that makes sense if your diet pill has caffeine in it.

Comment

Working...
            X