Best ingredients ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best ingredients ?

What are the best ingredients you should look for in an OTC diet pill to ensure that it will be effective and safe? I know a stimulant like caffeine can be good because it can help enhance workout performance, but what else? Would a mild diuretic also be good to help cut down on water weight?

I don't think there is one ingredient that is best for everyone. Everyone has different needs, expectations and energies. Because of this, what you will want from diet supplement ingredients is different from what I would want or need. There are quite a few good ingredients out there. Caffeine is good for many people. But it's not good for others. You need to find out for yoruself with your doctor

Comment

Am I alone in thinking glucomannan (I don't know how to spell that. It's also called konjac root) is good? I think it's used a lot and has approval in europe. It's a fiber you eat and it expands in your stomach so you're not as hungry. I trust that more than stimulants, sometimes. Other times I trust stimulants more because they're more common (coffee, for example). I can't say which is better but they both seem to work.

Comment

I agree with enviroTodd. You do need to find out what works for you. Each and every one of us has different systems and our body's react differently to ingredients. The best advice I can give is to choose products that have only a few active ingredients and research these ingredients to find out what they do. Also see how much of the ingredient is included in a single dose. All of this might help to give you an idea of how strong the substances are and the type of reaction you might have. Also, always start with the smallest dose and assess your tolerance.

Comment

Originally posted by BabyButtons View Post
          I agree with enviroTodd. You do need to find out what works for you. Each and every one of us has different systems and our body's react differently to ingredients. The best advice I can give is to choose products that have only a few active ingredients and research these ingredients to find out what they do. Also see how much of the ingredient is included in a single dose. All of this might help to give you an idea of how strong the substances are and the type of reaction you might have. Also, always start with the smallest dose and assess your tolerance.
          I agree with you, but it really doesn't make it easy!

Comment

Originally posted by brightstar View Post

I agree with you, but it really doesn't make it easy!

Exactly brightstar. Researching everything gets very confusing. I find I'm more confused when I investigate a pill. I really just wish it were possible to trust that manufacturers cared about the effects their products had on those who took them and cared less about making a buck. I get that businesses need/want to make money, but shouldn't they care about their customers too? I get so disheartened when I think I about companies these days.

Comment

Originally posted by MeSarah View Post

Exactly brightstar. Researching everything gets very confusing. I find I'm more confused when I investigate a pill. I really just wish it were possible to trust that manufacturers cared about the effects their products had on those who took them and cared less about making a buck. I get that businesses need/want to make money, but shouldn't they care about their customers too? I get so disheartened when I think I about companies these days.
              That's what it all comes down to. It would be nice to be able to believe that claims printed on a product were actually what you could get from it.

Comment

Working...
              X