Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are all non-refrigerated probiotics garbage?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are all non-refrigerated probiotics garbage?

Ok so I've seen probiotics sold cheaply on the shelf and expensively in refrigerated sections. Is there anything to the shelf stable ones that I can get for a quarter of the price of the ones that have to stay cold, or is it all just a marketing scheme?

I would say that it's a marketing scheme. You could always ask the pharmacist.

Comment

LOL I guess that's where I'm probably getting scammed. You're right. I didn't find them in a pharmacy. There is a whole section of them at my local natural food/health store. They're sold near the kombucha and other things like that.

Comment

Originally posted by brightstar View Post
        LOL I guess that's where I'm probably getting scammed. You're right. I didn't find them in a pharmacy. There is a whole section of them at my local natural food/health store. They're sold near the kombucha and other things like that.
        Yeah I wouldn't trust what a "health" or "natural food" store says or sells. I mean, even if the products are of a certain quality and don't contain bad ingredients, ultimately, everything is still just marketing hahaha.

Comment

Personally, I think all probiotic supplements on the market are garbage. Lots of research has found that all they're essentially good for is wasting your money. I'd think twice about buying into these products.

Comment

Originally posted by Speeddemon View Post
            Personally, I think all probiotic supplements on the market are garbage. Lots of research has found that all they're essentially good for is wasting your money. I'd think twice about buying into these products.
            There are some that have been shown to change the micribiotic balance in the digestive system. For people who need that, it can make a serious difference. Certain strains for IBD and even for UTIs can be quite helpful. But a lot of the cheap ones on the drugstore shelves essentially give you expensive poop.

Comment

Working...
            X