What the heck is guarana?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What the heck is guarana?

An ingredient I've seen listed frequently in non-prescription diet pill formulas is Guarana. What is that exactly and how does it help with weight loss? Is it a good ingredient or something that should be avoided?

It is a plant that acts as a powerful stimulant. It is often used in energy drinks and many countries have wisely placed a warning label on it. There are many countries that don't let children under the age of 18 take it. It has a large number of side effects connected with it. It is best to find your own energy inside yourself instead of trying to build yourself up on stimulants.

Comment

Pretty much it's another name for strong caffeine

Comment

It's a plant that produces fruit. The seeds of the fruit contain about 2x the concentration of caffeine that is found in coffee beans. Therefore, as TammyBear said, it is essentially another name for strong caffeine. It is a powerful stimulant. What's scary about this particular herb is that many diet pill manufacturers use it along with other stimulants in their formula, which essentially means you're giving your body excessive amounts of caffeine, which can be really bad for your health. I would recommend avoiding products that contain guarana.

Comment

Originally posted by WolfMoon View Post
          I would recommend avoiding products that contain guarana.
          I couldn't agree more. Products that have this ingredient have all of the same side effects and risks as those with regular caffeine, only magnified because it's very powerful. This is also proof that just because a product says "all natural", it doesn't mean that it is healthy. It is very important to understand what your ingredients are before taking them. Kudos for taking the time, SuzieQ

Comment

Wow, and here I thought it was just some herb that was going to be ineffective. Thanks for all the info and advice. I’ll avoid products that have this ingredient. Thanks enviroTodd I love this forum!

Comment

Working...
            X