Ephedra vs ephedrine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ephedra vs ephedrine

I'm really, really confused about ephedra products. I know that it's been banned in the US but you can still buy products with ephedra in them and I read that it is only ephedra products that contain ephedrine that are supposed to be bad....what the heck is the difference between ephedra and ephedrine???

When all is said and done, both ephedra and ephedrine are banned in the US for diet pills. Neither one are good for you. They both come with a risk. It's best to just avoid both.

Comment

Originally posted by KraftMan View Post
      When all is said and done, both ephedra and ephedrine are banned in the US for diet pills. Neither one are good for you. They both come with a risk. It's best to just avoid both.
      Exactly. Keep it simple and just avoid anything that contains ephedra. It's always better to play it safe than to try to guess what may or may not be okay. There are plenty of other alternatives available, too, that avoid ephedra products is simple.

Comment

I agree. I think one is just a slightly altered version of the other. Neither should be used - or the same ingredient under any other name, because I suspect there are probably lots - so it's best just to move on to something that doesn't come with a risk of getting in legal trouble or making you sick - or killing you - for that matter.

Comment

Thanks everyone. I'll play it safe and just avoid anything that has "ephed" as part of its name, regardless if it's actually ephedra or not.

Comment

Working...
          X