Chitosan curiosity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chitosan curiosity

What does chitosan do for weight loss or at least how is it supposed to help? Can you get the same benefits from eating shellfish?

I'm not sure exactly what it's supposed to do, but I think it's from the shells of shellfish, so unless you're eating the shells - and probably a lot of them - you probably won't get enough to do anything. Plus if you're eating shellfish, you're getting all the calories and all that, which you wouldn't get from the pills. Again, I don't know what it does in the first place - if anything - though.

Comment

I think the claim is that it's a fat binder. I don't think it's clinically proven to do that, but I think it has been studied in this regard. brightstar is right. You really can't eat shellfish and get the same benefit as chitosan. You would need to eat the shells...and that's just crazy LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by TeensyTiff View Post
        I think the claim is that it's a fat binder. I don't think it's clinically proven to do that, but I think it has been studied in this regard. brightstar is right. You really can't eat shellfish and get the same benefit as chitosan. You would need to eat the shells...and that's just crazy LOL.
        So, what is chitosan? It's shellfish?

Comment

Originally posted by TeensyTiff View Post
          LOL that would be silly. I'm not interested in eating shells hahaha.

PamelaPoison it's not shellfish. It's made from the exoskeleton of these fish, so it comes from the shells of lobster, crab, shrimp, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by MeSarah View Post

LOL that would be silly. I'm not interested in eating shells hahaha.

PamelaPoison it's not shellfish. It's made from the exoskeleton of these fish, so it comes from the shells of lobster, crab, shrimp, etc.
            That sounds really weird. I think I'd rather just pass on this one. It doesn't sound like it should work.

Comment

Working...
            X