How many ingredients r 2 much?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many ingredients r 2 much?

When looking 4 a good diet pill how many ingredients should be in the formula. I know that 2 many ingredients - ive seen some that have more than 25! - is a bad sign cuz it means that there r very small amounts of these ingredients included which means u wont benefit from them. So whats a good amount? Thank u 4 ur help!

That’s a very good question, Babybuttons. When it comes to diet pills that use non-prescription ingredients, five or six ingredients are usually the maximum that should be included in a good quality formula. Any more than that and you risk a number of problems. Some of them include the following:

There are so many ingredients that you don’t have enough room to put a big enough quantity of them into the small pill, so essentially you’ve crowded out your opportunity for any real benefits. After all, if you have a capsule that contains 1000 total mg of ingredients, and one would require 500 mg to be effective, you’re not going to be able to fit 24 more ingredients into that mix very effectively, right?

Next, the more you bring into the mix, the more you risk contradictions. Just because two ingredients seem unrelated, it doesn’t mean that they play well together. And just because they do the same thing, it doesn’t mean that they will complement each other.

Finally, the more ingredients there are, the greater the odds of side effects. And so you really don’t want to have a pill with 25 risks of side effects!

Comment

I think that's about right. I don't know if there is a specific number of ingredients that make it too much or too few, but I wouldn't go above a handful by much.

Comment

Usually I think anything over five ingredients is getting a little too much.

Comment

Yikes! Pills that have over 25 ingredients. That's crazy! How could you possible get enough of each ingredient for them to count?? Not to mention, the more stuff that is in something, the higher your risk of negative interactions and side effects. I'm with Freddy. I say any more than 5 (not including the non-active) might be too much.

Comment

Originally posted by enviroTodd View Post
            That’s a very good question, Babybuttons. When it comes to diet pills that use non-prescription ingredients, five or six ingredients are usually the maximum that should be included in a good quality formula. Any more than that and you risk a number of problems. Some of them include the following:

There are so many ingredients that you don’t have enough room to put a big enough quantity of them into the small pill, so essentially you’ve crowded out your opportunity for any real benefits. After all, if you have a capsule that contains 1000 total mg of ingredients, and one would require 500 mg to be effective, you’re not going to be able to fit 24 more ingredients into that mix very effectively, right?

Next, the more you bring into the mix, the more you risk contradictions. Just because two ingredients seem unrelated, it doesn’t mean that they play well together. And just because they do the same thing, it doesn’t mean that they will complement each other.

Finally, the more ingredients there are, the greater the odds of side effects. And so you really don’t want to have a pill with 25 risks of side effects!
            Thank u envirotodd. I had a feeling u would provide me with a good answer. I always find it hard to know when there are 2 much. I know 25 is 2 much but i wasnt so sure about 10. Less is better 4 sure!

Comment

I'm always glad to help you, BabyButtons. You ask very good questions and it's true that the weight loss industry doesn't make it easy to find all of this out. When in doubt, it is always a good idea to speak with your doctor to verify that you are on the right track. If you see that there is a pill and it has a huge number of ingredients, then I wouldn't recommend trusting it unless they manufacturer shares the amount of each ingredient that is in the pill so that you can ask your doctor whether or not that is enough to make an impact on your weight. That way you will know for certain and you will reduce your risk of experiencing unwanted side effects that result from throwing off the balance of your energy flow. That is all too common within this industry so you have to be very careful what you choose.

Comment

Working...
              X