Dietary supplements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dietary supplements

Are there any non-prescription diet pills that aren't dietary supplements? What I mean is are there actually pharmacutical-grad OTC diet pills that aren't made exclusively of herbs?

I'm pretty sure that most OTC diet pills are dietary supplements. I don't think they contain drugs, because I'm pretty sure those have to be regulated and approved by the FDA. I could be wrong, but I think that's how it works.

Comment

I think that there must be some diet pills that aren't considered to be supplements. Alli, for example, contains a medication, so that wouldn't be considered to be a supplement, too.

Comment

Good point, Brightstar. I guess it's the difference between if it's herbs or if there are chemical medications in the pills

Comment

I agree with brightstar. There are some OTC diet pills, like Alli that are not supplements, because they contain drugs/chemicals. That being said, the vast majority of non-prescription pill for weight loss are dietary supplements. If you want one that is not, simply read the label. If it is a dietary supplement, it says so right on the bottle.

Comment

That's exactly how I see it, JennyR. I didn't realize that it says that it is a dietary supplement right on the bottle, though. THanks for pointing that out! That's good to know

Comment

Are there others aside from Alli or is that the only one?

Comment

Thank you for all of your responses and I didn't realize that it says "dietary supplement" on the bottle. that is very good to know.

KraftMan - great question. I have the same one lol!

Comment

Working...
                X