Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How much synephrine has to be in a pill for it to be dangerous?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much synephrine has to be in a pill for it to be dangerous?

I've read a lot about how the stimulant in bitter orange, synephrine, can be hazardous to your health, especially when combined with caffeine and I know that a lot of diet pills include both of these ingredients in their formula. What I'm wondering is how much synephrine is considered dangerous? Is there really that much in diet pills that it's a serious concern.

I don't know. Most formulas don't even show their individual ingredients quantities, so I skip the ones that combine synephrine and caffeine altogether. I have no idea how much is safe, though. I know some cold medications have synephrine, but they don't have it with caffeine, so it's hard to judge safe quantities.

Comment

A tiny amount of synephrine won't hurt most people, especially if it's the only stimulant.

Comment

Honestly, if you're really concerned about synephrine, just don't take any supplements that contain it, it's that simple. Any time I find out an ingredient has the potential to cause serious problems, it doesn't matter if it takes a strong dose or not, it's just not worth risking my health over. I know not everyone shares that opinion and they can argue that you could say the same thing about most substances having potential dangerous side effects at high doses, but it all boils down to informing yourself, talking to your doctor, and doing whatever makes you feel the most comfortable.

Comment

Originally posted by Speeddemon View Post
          Honestly, if you're really concerned about synephrine, just don't take any supplements that contain it, it's that simple. Any time I find out an ingredient has the potential to cause serious problems, it doesn't matter if it takes a strong dose or not, it's just not worth risking my health over. I know not everyone shares that opinion and they can argue that you could say the same thing about most substances having potential dangerous side effects at high doses, but it all boils down to informing yourself, talking to your doctor, and doing whatever makes you feel the most comfortable.
          That's a really good way to look at it. There are so many options out there, why mess with something that might be dangerous?

Comment

Originally posted by Bean View Post
            A tiny amount of synephrine won't hurt most people, especially if it's the only stimulant.

Thanks Bean. That put things into perspective for me. That said, I think I'm just going to avoid products with this ingredient in it. The more I read about it, the more I just don't trust it.

Comment

Originally posted by M-Stark334 View Post

Thanks Bean. That put things into perspective for me. That said, I think I'm just going to avoid products with this ingredient in it. The more I read about it, the more I just don't trust it.
              That's a good idea. There are so many diet pills out there that it doesn't make sense to pick a risky one when you could try any of a dozen great ones instead

Comment

Working...
              X