How cheap is too cheap diet pills?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How cheap is too cheap diet pills?

I'm not stupid enough to buy the diet pills I see at the dollar store, but how cheap is just too cheap to trust that it could do any good?

Honestly, I think the biggest problem with cheap diet pills is that a lot of the time they're cheap because they've likely been discontinued. If a product has been discontinued that either means that the formula has changed (which means it's likely been replaced by a better product) or the company's a giant scam and went out of business. I would recommend that if you come across a bottle of cheap diet pills that you think are worth trying, investigate the product and the manufacturer. Check out its ingredients, find out if it is still being made and see what you can find out about the manufacturer. Also, try to look for as many customer reviews as you can find. If it's really hard to find any of this information or only promotional material can be found with a bunch of unsupported claims, I wouldn't waste my money on it, no matter how much it cost.

Comment

I don't think it's the cost that you should be looking at but how available the product is. If you can only buy it on Amazon or eBay and there is no official product page for it I would be less likely to trust the product, not matter how much it cost. You could find a product that's $80 that is total crap and one that is $15 that works great. The price - no matter how cheap or expensive - isn't really a good way to gauge the integrity of a product. As Freddy said, you need to look at the ingredients and the manufacturer to really know if something's worth your time before you start judging its worth based on cost.

Comment

That's actually a tough question Whirlybird because Wolfmoon is right, it's hard to judge the quality of certain prodcuts based on price alone. I mean, with clothing, typically if you buy a new $5 shirt, you can pretty much expect that baby to start unraveling the moment you cut the tags off it, compared to a $60 shirt created by a brandname known for its quality. With diet pills, the best way to protect yourself aside from researching them is making sure that wherever you're buying them offers a return guarantee if you're not satisfied. This might mean the pills cost a bit more. If you're asking this question because you want to buy cheap diet pills...then the only person who can answer your question is you. How much are you willing to spend?

Also, keep this in mind, while you wouldn't do something as stupid as buying diet pills at the dollar store, keep in mind that Amazon and ebay and other online marketplaces are sometimes no better than shopping at your local dollarstore. The stuff sold there isn't necessarily any better or of a greater quality.

Finally...cause apparently I can't shut up about this topic (wow) remember that, yeah, in most cases, the cheaper the diet pill (usually under $25) is a good indication that the product has been discontinued.

Comment

Originally posted by Speeddemon View Post
          That's actually a tough question Whirlybird because Wolfmoon is right, it's hard to judge the quality of certain prodcuts based on price alone. I mean, with clothing, typically if you buy a new $5 shirt, you can pretty much expect that baby to start unraveling the moment you cut the tags off it, compared to a $60 shirt created by a brandname known for its quality. With diet pills, the best way to protect yourself aside from researching them is making sure that wherever you're buying them offers a return guarantee if you're not satisfied. This might mean the pills cost a bit more. If you're asking this question because you want to buy cheap diet pills...then the only person who can answer your question is you. How much are you willing to spend?

Also, keep this in mind, while you wouldn't do something as stupid as buying diet pills at the dollar store, keep in mind that Amazon and ebay and other online marketplaces are sometimes no better than shopping at your local dollarstore. The stuff sold there isn't necessarily any better or of a greater quality.

Finally...cause apparently I can't shut up about this topic (wow) remember that, yeah, in most cases, the cheaper the diet pill (usually under $25) is a good indication that the product has been discontinued.
          That's a good analogy about the shirt and it's good advice about where you are planning to buy the products. LOL I think it's good that you didn't shut up about this topic because you made a lot of sense. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by MadMike View Post

That's a good analogy about the shirt and it's good advice about where you are planning to buy the products. LOL I think it's good that you didn't shut up about this topic because you made a lot of sense. Thanks!

No problem. I'm glad someone likes my ramblings haha!

Comment

Originally posted by Speeddemon View Post

No problem. I'm glad someone likes my ramblings haha!
              we all secretly like your ramblings. Just won't admit it

Comment

I think you already know the answer to your question Whirllybird. You already have an idea in your mind of what you think is too cheap. Trust your instincts and if it seems like whoever is selling it has marked it so low it's like they're trying to give it away, chances are this isn't a product you'll want to buy.

Comment

Working...
                X