ingredient with the most proof

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ingredient with the most proof

Otu of curiosity, what’s the ingredient in non-prescription weight loss pills that has the most proof behind it? Is there one that really stands out? Is it green coffee bean?

I"d say green tea

Comment

I'd also say green tea and probably caffeine if only because it has been proven to increase fat burning when combined with physical activity (ex cardio). That said,even in the case of green tea it should be pointed out that the amount that you take matters to its effectiveness. Drinking a cup of green tea isn't going to do much for your weight loss. I forget how many mg are supposed to be effective, but there is an amount, so don't just assume that if you take a product with green tea in it that it will work cause it really depends on how much green tea is in the formula that determines its efficacy.

Comment

Originally posted by Speeddemon View Post
        I'd also say green tea and probably caffeine if only because it has been proven to increase fat burning when combined with physical activity (ex cardio). That said,even in the case of green tea it should be pointed out that the amount that you take matters to its effectiveness. Drinking a cup of green tea isn't going to do much for your weight loss. I forget how many mg are supposed to be effective, but there is an amount, so don't just assume that if you take a product with green tea in it that it will work cause it really depends on how much green tea is in the formula that determines its efficacy.
        I'll probably end up regretting this one day, Speeddemon, but I actually agree with you. Green tea and caffeine are easily the ingredients with the most research and actual evidence linking them directly with weight loss results. It does need to be in an appropriate dose, as you said.
        It's also important to know that there isn't any one ingredient that works for everyone. Even the ingredients with the most proof will work wonderfully for some people and not at all for others. It's also important to note that even though these are natural ingredients, they can still come with the risk of conflicts with certain medications, other supplements or medical conditions. They should still be taken seriously.

Comment

I understand caffeine being the best but I'm still confuse about green tea because isn't it only effective because it contains caffeine? Would that then mean that green coffee bean and guarana are also the most effective ingredients for weight loss?

Comment

Is guarana a type of stimulant all on its own or is it just another kind of caffeine? That sort of thing always confuses me.

Comment

Originally posted by KraftMan View Post
              Is guarana a type of stimulant all on its own or is it just another kind of caffeine? That sort of thing always confuses me.

I think it's just caffeine. I think it's a herb that contains caffeine but caffeine is the only stimulant in guarana. At least that's how I understand it. I hope that makes sense.

Comment

should all ingredients with caffeine be considered as proven as caffeine?

Comment

Originally posted by KittyKatt View Post
                  should all ingredients with caffeine be considered as proven as caffeine?

That's a good question, but I don't think so. Like anything, I think a certain amount of caffeine is effective. Too little or too much caffeine won't work to your benefit. Also, I don't know how effective the caffeine in guarana is for example compared to caffeine anhydrous. I know that drinking coffee is not the same as taking caffeine anhydrous - at least that's what I've always understood. I mean it's the same ingredient but its in a different form and I imagine that matters.

Comment

Working...
                  X