Green Tea: Supplements Vs. Tea

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Green Tea: Supplements Vs. Tea

I'm thinking about taking green tea supplements because I'm a big believer than green tea is a great fat burner. The only thing is that I don't know if I should actually take supplements or if I should just drink the tea? Would I get the same benefits from both? Is one better than the other? What should I consider if I want to take supplements? Are there any adverse effects that I should be aware of?

If you want to make sure you get consistent benefits and you actually get results, you'll probably want to go the supplement route. I'm pretty sure that all the research says you need hundreds of miligrams of green tea if you want to start fat burning in any realistic way. So that would mean you'd need to chug down a dozen cups of green tea or more every day. Even if you could do that one dya, you probably wouldn't do it consistently. Even if you drink matcha - which gives you way more of the stuff that actually does the trick - you'd still need a lot of it and that would get pricey. So probably supplements IMO

Comment

I think if the only benefit you want is from green tea, drink the matcha. It's like condensed green tea lol

Comment

Originally posted by Bethie View Post
        If you want to make sure you get consistent benefits and you actually get results, you'll probably want to go the supplement route. I'm pretty sure that all the research says you need hundreds of miligrams of green tea if you want to start fat burning in any realistic way. So that would mean you'd need to chug down a dozen cups of green tea or more every day. Even if you could do that one dya, you probably wouldn't do it consistently. Even if you drink matcha - which gives you way more of the stuff that actually does the trick - you'd still need a lot of it and that would get pricey. So probably supplements IMO
        Thanks a lot Bethie. That's what I wanted to know. I had a feeling just drinking green tea - no matter the variety - wouldn't be enough. It's never that simple, is it?

Comment

I agree that supplements are the best, too, Bethie. Especially if you want to use green tea as a weight loss aid. You just won't be able to drink enough tea during the day to obtain the amount that you would need. That said, I personally would drink green tea if only for the pleasure and the other great health benefits it offers. Also, to be perfectly honest Tony1968, while green tea can help you burn fat, even if you take supplements, don't go expecting any miracles.

Comment

Originally posted by Speeddemon View Post
            I agree that supplements are the best, too, Bethie. Especially if you want to use green tea as a weight loss aid. You just won't be able to drink enough tea during the day to obtain the amount that you would need. That said, I personally would drink green tea if only for the pleasure and the other great health benefits it offers. Also, to be perfectly honest Tony1968, while green tea can help you burn fat, even if you take supplements, don't go expecting any miracles.
            That's exactly what I was going to say. You can still get a lot of benefits from just drinking green tea or drinking green matcha even. But if you want the specific weight loss benefits, you'd really need to go through too many every single day to be possible.

Comment

Working...
            X