carob

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• carob

The other day, I read that carob is used in diet pills and it might be helpful for losing weight. Now I can't find where I saw the source. Did I imagine it? Does anyone know about this?

I thought this was just an alternative to chocolate

Comment

Originally posted by KraftMan View Post
      I thought this was just an alternative to chocolate

I thought the same thing but it's actually a lot healthier than that. It's high in fiber, protein and pectin and can help to lower cholesterol, ease stomach problems and is also an excellent source of vitamin b6 which is considered to be a natural energy booster and fat metabolizer. To be honest, it sounds like it's quite good for you and it might assist with weight loss simply because it is low in sugar and is fat-free. That said, I don't really think you're going to start shedding fat in any measurable way if you start eating carob, but it certainly can't hurt to add it to your diet via supplement or foods

Comment

Originally posted by TracyK View Post

I thought the same thing but it's actually a lot healthier than that. It's high in fiber, protein and pectin and can help to lower cholesterol, ease stomach problems and is also an excellent source of vitamin b6 which is considered to be a natural energy booster and fat metabolizer. To be honest, it sounds like it's quite good for you and it might assist with weight loss simply because it is low in sugar and is fat-free. That said, I don't really think you're going to start shedding fat in any measurable way if you start eating carob, but it certainly can't hurt to add it to your diet via supplement or foods
        That's amazing! Why isn't this something that is more widely known? Or is it widely known and I just didn't happen to know it myself? LOL Thanks for this answer. I wonder how much of it needs to be used in a diet pill to make it work. I bet it's more than you'd be able to eat just by adding it to food. Things are never quite that convenient LOL

Comment

Working...
        X