diet drugs for kids

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• diet drugs for kids

I know that children aren't supposed to take diet drugs designed for adults like phentermine and so on, but are there any prescription diet drugs out there for obese children?

I don't actually know but I can't imagine it. It doesn't sound safe. The only thing that keeps the side effects under any control with a lot of those pills is the size of the people who use them. The extra body mass reduces it. That's why slimmer people can't use them for losing a few pounds. I know Xenical has been approved by the FDA for some teens in specific situations, but not kids, I don't think

Comment

OMG I really hope there aren't any. That's really saying something about us if there are

Comment

The whole idea of a prescription diet drug for children makes me feel sick. I hope if there is one, it isn't anything like the ones we have for adults. Those things are just plain scary.

Comment

Yeah, I have to agree with everyone else here. 1 - I don't think they exist and 2 - we live in a very scary world if they do exist. I know there are healthy diets recommended for children, but beyond that I don't think diet drugs exist...I mean, a lot of them are dangerous for kid and teens.

Comment

Originally posted by enviroTodd View Post
            The whole idea of a prescription diet drug for children makes me feel sick. I hope if there is one, it isn't anything like the ones we have for adults. Those things are just plain scary.
            I definitely agree with you enviroTodd. It's just, considering the way our world works, you never know.....

Comment

Originally posted by Tony1968 View Post

I definitely agree with you enviroTodd. It's just, considering the way our world works, you never know.....
              That is a seriosuly disturbing thought. I'd like to think we can do better

Comment

Working...
              X