Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are the newest prescription diet pills?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are the newest prescription diet pills?

I know adipex has been around for a million years but there are newer diet pills out that can be prescribed. I heard of belviq, too. Has anything else been approved recently? Is it better?

I think Qsymia is pretty new. There are other ones, too I bet. I think the FDA has been rubber stamping approvals these days since obesity is an epidemic.

Comment

Beyond Qsymia I can't think of any either. I mean, there is Saxenda, but that's an injection, not a pill. That said, to answer your question if there are any pills that are better than Adipex, I don't think there are. Some may be tolerated better by certain individuals, but all of these pills tend to be based off the same types of drugs and either block fat or suppress appetite and provide energy. They all have side effects and risks and none of the studies conducted on them show any major significant weight loss.

Comment

What's contrave? I've seen it discussed on another forum and I've meant to look it up but I never bothered. I think that might be a newer one. Maybe Qsymia is newer.

Comment

Originally posted by KittyKatt View Post
          What's contrave? I've seen it discussed on another forum and I've meant to look it up but I never bothered. I think that might be a newer one. Maybe Qsymia is newer.
          It's a diet pill that helps to control cravings and reduce hunger. I think it's been around for a few years. It contains the drugs naltrexone HCl and bupropion HCl. Studies show that it seems to help those who took it more than those in the placebo group. That said, just like phentermine and other prescription diet drugs the fat loss that is experienced isn't anything amazing.

Comment

Working...
          X